ARB Summit Bar for TIL - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Y62 Patrol, Armada & Infiniti QX80

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2017, 10:25 PM

Garage
Default ARB Summit Bar for TIL

Spoke to the sales chap from Nissan in regards to ARB bar and what model bar they recommend for the TIL, as I indend to fit my winch of the GU into the bar.
Has anyone fitted a Summit bar from ARB and a winch.
the ARB info shows the pictures of the bar they look great but do not recommend a winch?
I wonder if this is a old catalog.
thanks in advance no rush not even built yet the y62 but just avoiding any issues down the track.
Bazz 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-04-2017, 10:43 PM
Rogue

Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,405 Posts
Garage

I'm still yet to see the Summit bar for a Y62. As far as I'm aware they're not yet released and the one on their website is the old (current) Deluxe bar.

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock

Last edited by heyhey; 21-04-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 21-04-2017, 03:36 PM

Garage

You are correct the Summitt is not designed for the TI L so for the time being
We will admire the bare look which will grow on me.
My other half thinks it's fantastic, more money in the house AC Lol.

Old 21-04-2017, 08:13 PM

Garage

if ya really want a ARB bar on the TI-L, the radar can be relocated ( refer to Andrew at on track 4x4 in Vic for example).
but that bar and the winch will drop the front of the Y62.

others have the OL or TJM bars and i think they are getting closer to a 'streamline' look.

the Rhino 4x4 3d Evolution bar has had its prototype made and a fb grp member has it fitted. they are due to land mid june/ july. you can pre-order them.
i have a post in here about a possible group buy that has ended, but the bar info is the same.Rhino4x4 pre-order with deposit group offer . expires 10/3/17
to add, the rhinobar is much lighter and that allows for a winch to be fitted and still be under the 80kg per the nissan sticker.
The Following User Says Thank You to kerry_066 For This Useful Post:
bazz8 (21-04-2017)
Old 22-04-2017, 07:47 AM

Garage
Default Rino Bars

Thank you Kerry we will watch this with a keen eye, as you can imagine upon the desision to enter into the novated lease we have turned our financial structure upside down.
The extra $20,000 has been achievable but we are taking this one step at a time .
Probably better images would have sparked more interest in the prototype.
Bazz8
Old 22-04-2017, 08:44 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz8 View Post
Probably better images would have sparked more interest in the prototype.
Bazz8
there is plenty of images of the car / bar on the fb group. i only posted here as a just incase.
fact is the bar is months away and is costs the same as many other bars. bars are also personal preference decision.
Old 22-04-2017, 09:44 PM

Garage

no offence meant Kerry
bazz8
Old 24-04-2017, 10:15 AM

There wont be a summit bar made for the y62.

I ordered the normal deluxe non -winch the other day, due around early june.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to rjhug1 For This Useful Post:
bazz8 (24-04-2017)
Old 24-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Rogue

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhug1 View Post
There wont be a summit bar made for the y62.

I ordered the normal deluxe non -winch the other day, due around early june.
When I called ARB HQ Oct-Nov last year, they supposedly had one in development then. I think there has been conflicting info coming out and I may have got the dud response

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 24-04-2017, 10:57 AM

You mean in Kilsyth?

I emailed my contact there in sales last week who I've bought a few bars from now and advises me nothing in the pipeline. Hopefully he would be aware if something was.
Old 24-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Rogue

Garage

Yes in Kilsyth

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 04-05-2017, 09:27 PM

Garage
Default update on ARB bar for TI L

Had a call today re: bar for the TI L ARB have designed a bar suitable for the car without mucking up the radar,headlight washers,sensors and Winch I think so a trip to Jarrett is happening tomorrow. When I see the details I will post the results. the bar will take a month to arrive which ties in with the delivery date of the TI L. It may be the same as rjhug1 described.
Keep you posted.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:42 PM

Garage
Default ARB Bar for y62 TI L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz8 View Post
Had a call today re: bar for the TI L ARB have designed a bar suitable for the car without mucking up the radar,headlight washers,sensors and Winch I think so a trip to Jarrett is happening tomorrow. When I see the details I will post the results. the bar will take a month to arrive which ties in with the delivery date of the TI L. It may be the same as rjhug1 described.
Keep you posted.
Visited Jarrett Nissan Today; showed me a screenshot of the bar looks very similar to the summit except it is Compatible with the TI L, has the spots for the radar,the sensor's and is winch compatable including colour match Gun Metallic spot for uhf antenna, I plan to put a light bar on the bar as well.

Typed in the purchase order and ours is scheduled for build 3rd week of May and arriving early june to Pt.Adelaide,up to Mt.Barker to fit the ARB Bar,Winch,( now to p*** al the Tigers 11 Grande haters I am going to have that fitted off my GU,Works very well for 5 yrs and beats $2400+ for a non sealed winch also plan to fit a light bar when I measure the bar.

Interesting to note that I mentioned to Simon our salesman a comment from the Facebook y62 series 3 2017 model are getting on 100-110 km around 12/100,he confirmed this as feedback from a another owner who travels a lot on the West Coast. That could make my sums look real good except for the heavy right foot.
Old 23-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Rogue

Garage

Bazz, did you end up getting the bar?

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 23-06-2017, 01:20 PM

Garage
Default Still Waiting

I will give Jarratts a call today, I did speak to a ARB Chap at Morphet Vale last week and he seemed to know about The bar.
I was shown a summit bar and he showed me the location of the radar behind a grill which was what they use on the Ranger.