Best seat cover options for y62 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Y62 Patrol, Armada & Infiniti QX80

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2017, 07:58 AM

Default Best seat cover options for y62

Hi all, I need your feedback on what the best seat covers are that fit the y62. I did a quick search and didn't find much.

Does anyone have neoprene or is canvas better to protect leather?

After something I can easily install prior to going out bush to keep leather clean and protected.

My requirements are covers must be very comfortable, waterproof and washable.

Appreciate feedback from anyone who had covered their seats.

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2017, 08:08 AM

How about some trade-style "throwover" covers? Easy to install, easy to remove... You can get all kinds of quality, but this is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pro...nuFrom=1021748
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-01-2017, 11:33 AM

Purchased mine from Woolly Fleece in Townsville.Full skin back and front with map pockets in the back But had Faux Fur for the rear that no one ever sits in.They make them in house and fit them too.Even made a little woolly top for the console lid. Beautiful to sit in and have a range of colours. Skins are fully lined and do not damage seat leather or other material. The fit is spot on with cut outs for the airbags.I have the same ones in my 4.8 also.Can be dry cleaned or washed carefully in the washing machine,but take a while to dry and comb up.The Y62 ones are the third Patrol set we have had in 20 years.It's just a pity the seat styles change every model because I don't reckon they will ever wear out. They are extremely comfortable and believe it or not great in the heat. Ian

Old 10-01-2017, 03:53 PM

I was looking at this mob for my gu but haven't bitten the bullet yet.
WetSeat
Old 10-01-2017, 06:42 PM

I have a set of Black Duck denim covers in my 61. Had them for over a year now. No issues. Machine washable. Not sure if they do covers for a Y62 though.

PS. I have kids...
Old 12-01-2017, 05:58 PM

Check out Greenant covers. They already have patterns for all Y62 model variants.

Silver Patrol Member # Y62
Ex White Patrol Member # 1

Last edited by Himble; 12-01-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: add text
Old 12-01-2017, 07:24 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check them out.
Old 18-01-2017, 07:43 PM
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower

Garage

I put on the RM Williams suede ones from supercheap, cost about $80, they are airbag compatible and they fit ok on the seat back but are not the greatest fit around the seat base...they fit ok but not like a full tailored set, but for 80 bucks I don't care, oh and they are not waterproof either..I was actually talking to someone from Sperling and they have a custom seat cover under their umbrella as well, and apparently they can do a set of full custom covers, here is their link...https://www.mycustomcar.com.au/

Legless..also available in sober club #1

I'm great at multi-tasking--I can waste time, be unproductive, and procrastinate all at once.
Old 18-01-2017, 09:21 PM

Garage

HI Kinigo,
I have brought seat cover for my 2013 Y62 st-l last June from supertrim, you are able to buy them online, they are Neoprene Black with red sticking. You can select different sticking colours front seat middle seats and rear seat plus console lid. They are easy to fit and sit well on the seats. I have brought two front seat, console lid and rear seats covers which cost me $553.00 delivered
The Following User Says Thank You to plugger1967 For This Useful Post:
Polmjcl (19-01-2017)
Old 19-01-2017, 09:10 PM

Thanks plugger. One question on those neoprene seat covers. Do they make you hot in summer or are they breathable? I assume they are waterproof / kid spill proof etc.... Cheers
Old 22-01-2017, 04:32 PM

Garage

Hi Kinigo,
They do make you sweat a little bit no more than the canvas seat covers i have on my Toyota Hilux. I like the neoprene covers easy to clean and they sit quiet well on the seat just a bit pricey, but if you are going to spend $70k on a Patrol i guess you need to look after it.
Old 24-01-2017, 04:02 PM

We also have the Supertrim neoprene ones, dark grey/black with the red stitching. Bit pricey as already said bit easy to fit and seem to look neat. When we've been out in the boat and the kids jump in with the sunscreen etc. it cleans up quite easily, would've normally had a seizure at the sight of them jumping in and smearing stuff around, but all good with the covers. Haven't noticed the sweating bit but the wife seems to insist on driving with the A/C on set for 23degC. Ah well just burn more fuel......
Cheers BruceR
Old 28-04-2017, 05:46 PM

I ended up getting the supertrim neoprene covers and console lid and can highly recommend them. Perfect fit and look OK. Cheers,

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinigo270 View Post
I ended up getting the supertrim neoprene covers and console lid and can highly recommend them. Perfect fit and look OK. Cheers,

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk
pics ?
link to the website?

do they have a backing to protect the leather and are they water proof enough for me to jump with wet togs/rashie and not go through to seat itself.?