Factory privacy glass y62 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Y62 Patrol, Armada & Infiniti QX80

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 06:52 AM

Default Factory privacy glass y62

Hi everyone, does anyone know if the factory privacy glass on the patrol offers UV protection similar to tint. Trying to work out if I need to tint the car ( privacy glass pieces) when it arrived next month.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2017, 07:27 AM

Yes, it offers UV protection in the high 90's (%). I looked up the specs from the glass manufacturer some time ago.

Even the front side windows (laminated glass) offer stupidly high levels of UV protection - but they do not offer the same levels of IR protection as the privacy glass. (IR (Infra Red) energy is basically what gives the feeling of 'heat')
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to ants_oz For This Useful Post:
preacher (14-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 08:18 AM

Thanks for clearing that one up. Now I just need to work out which tint I go with for the front side windows to match the rest. I'm thinking a good ceramic based tint.
The Following User Says Thank You to kinigo270 For This Useful Post:
Brendo86 (09-01-2017)

Old 09-01-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinigo270 View Post
Thanks for clearing that one up. Now I just need to work out which tint I go with for the front side windows to match the rest. I'm thinking a good ceramic based tint.
Hopefully you have better luck than me. I had my front windows tinted by a local outlet (who services many of the local new car dealers) last spring. The factory tint has an ever-so-subtle bronze colour to it. The film used by the people who did my front windows has a green tinge. Despite my specific request for them to colour match the tint as best they could, showing them what I meant, and their promise to do so. My suspicion is that instead of using the "right" film, they used "what they had". So my slightly obsessive-compulsive tendencies make me grimace...

IMO, certainly worth 'shopping around' until you find someone you are satisfied will do the job you asked
Old 09-01-2017, 10:03 AM

I had a poor experience when purchasing my previous Y61 4.8L, done at the dealer.
This time for the Y62 I asked a few Q's, yes the door trims have to come off, yes the inside widow sill rubber needs to be trimmed. So I didn't go ahead as much as I wanted the tint I gave it up and will wait till the car is a little older and the shine has worn off.....
So I am a little obsessive and have such tendencies too when I've spent a few $$ of my hard earned.
The excuses with the 4.8L purchase were a joke wrt window tint, they had to redo it twice, bubbles, tears, color, etc! Later I found plastic trim clips for the internal trims missing or crushed which I replaced myself.
Once bitten twice shy probably.....
Cheers BruceR
Old 18-01-2017, 11:30 PM

Garage

yeah even though i knew that, i still got (after market guy to do) 'clear' on the privacy glass and a 'matching' darkness on my front doors. i think its about 18% but due to windscreen and sunroof, looks lighter.
why- my thinking, in the unlikely event a privacy glass breaks, the clear tint will hold it.. plus i know for sure the clear is also reducing uv etc on top of the privacy glass