Nissan dealership saying installing bullbar will void my new warranty - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Y62 Patrol, Armada & Infiniti QX80

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2016, 09:15 AM

Default Nissan dealership saying installing bullbar will void my new warranty

Hi everyone, i asked my local castle hill dealership to see if they can arrange a bull bar to be fitted and was told outright no they don't do this and I need to contact supplier direct. Then to my surprise I was told if I fit the bar it will void my warranty.

I then went on and told him so many folks out there with aftermarket bars seeing Nissan don't offer factory bar.

Can anyone confirm what the go is with warranty and also if you had your dealer arrange for bar to be fitted.

So then I can go back to dealer and let them have it.

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2016, 09:48 AM
--- The Rodfather ---

Thanked 4,942 Times in 3,480 Posts
Garage

To start with I would ring various aftermarket outlets around your area (TJM, ARB, Etc, Etc) and see what their reaction is. Some dealers are absolutely pedantic about AM stuff, there is an add running up here from ARB about bullbars on new vehicles saying all you need to do is ask at your dealer.

Not sure about these days but BB's fitted as genuine on many Patrols were supplied by East Coast Bullbars, they may be worth a call also.....

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-12-2016, 11:55 AM

Ring Consumer affairs to clarify.

If the bullbar caused the front of the chassis to bend from it's weight, for example, that would not be covered.

But if your rear diff broke or the seat mount collapsed they could not void that.

If you broke a front driveshaft, they could argue that the extra weight up front exceeded design spec and void that, but if the engine failed by dropping a valve or something they could not void that.

I think the dealership needs to read the Aussie consumer protection laws.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Nissan are idiots..
If you under the 85kg load limit wtf have they got to stand on...
Old 10-12-2016, 03:34 PM
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower

Garage

As simcoe said, stay at or below the 85kg and all will be sweet....When I was looking at bars for ours TJM said they don't make a bar to suit a winch, but I do not know where they stand now with their bars. Our OL bar can take a 9500lb winch (it can take a bigger one but OL only warrant it for 9500lb), but if I go this way I will have Dyneema rope so it is lighter again.

Legless..also available in sober club #1

I'm great at multi-tasking--I can waste time, be unproductive, and procrastinate all at once.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Arb bar ordered.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:32 AM

One last question, for anyone that as installed a arb bar, did you have to upgrade the front springs or change any suspension components over so it doesn't sag?
Old 12-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Yes it will sag 15-20mm

Stl model is easy as it's old school coil/shock
Ti/til models need new lower control arms which ontrack 4x4 do(they made the kit) as these models have the hydraulic shock which can't be farked with.
The Following User Says Thank You to simcoe For This Useful Post:
Polmjcl (13-12-2016)
Old 13-12-2016, 03:00 PM

Could be worse, could be a cruiser, saggy from factory without a bullbar.
Old 13-12-2016, 03:17 PM

Had my ARB Bullbar fitted through my dealer when I had ordered the car. My dealer said when I asked about warranty issues is that nissan do not cover the ballbar as this is covered under ARB's warranty (which is only 12 months). This is because it is not a genuine nissan product.

But everything else regarding the car is covered under nissan including the Lightforce lights on the bar as nissan sell these as extras. As for sagging I really have not notice it, the car looks to be level but hey, I plan to raise it soon anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iian Kirk For This Useful Post:
Polmjcl (13-12-2016)
Old 13-12-2016, 09:35 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinigo270 View Post
Hi everyone, i asked my local castle hill dealership to see if they can arrange a bull bar to be fitted and was told outright no they don't do this and I need to contact supplier direct. Then to my surprise I was told if I fit the bar it will void my warranty.

I then went on and told him so many folks out there with aftermarket bars seeing Nissan don't offer factory bar.

Can anyone confirm what the go is with warranty and also if you had your dealer arrange for bar to be fitted.

So then I can go back to dealer and let them have it.

Thanks
get a different dealer NOW before its too late.. they are muppets..
pretty sure there are plenty of peeps have had y62 bars fitted via the dealer.
and if not- there is a sticker on them stating the front bar must not exceed ... so how does this dealer read that... get a new dealer.. end your frustration now.
The Following User Says Thank You to kerry_066 For This Useful Post:
warthog (15-12-2016)
Old 14-12-2016, 06:13 AM

Only issue with changing dealer is that the car hadn't arrived yet and I have only put down deposit.
I get the impression they dont want to help me out in any way and just wanted the sale.
Old 14-12-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinigo270 View Post
Only issue with changing dealer is that the car hadn't arrived yet and I have only put down deposit.
I get the impression they dont want to help me out in any way and just wanted the sale.
Ring up Head Office Nissan Australian and tell them what this dealer is up to. I would be very surprised if they were happy with them, considering that Y62 sales are not going as well as expected. Start doing this cap to people and sales might get a little worse.
Old 14-12-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
Ring up Head Office Nissan Australian and tell them what this dealer is up to. I would be very surprised if they were happy with them, considering that Y62 sales are not going as well as expected. Start doing this cap to people and sales might get a little worse.
While I agree with your sentiment about talking to Nissan directly, do you seriously believe that Y62 sales "are not going as expected"??? People are waiting months to secure a vehicle. There is basically no stock available - people sharing the location of individual dealer-stock vehicles on Facebook for those who are trying to find something for fast delivery.
The Following User Says Thank You to ants_oz For This Useful Post:
Polmjcl (14-12-2016)
Old 15-12-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ants_oz View Post
While I agree with your sentiment about talking to Nissan directly, do you seriously believe that Y62 sales "are not going as expected"??? People are waiting months to secure a vehicle. There is basically no stock available - people sharing the location of individual dealer-stock vehicles on Facebook for those who are trying to find something for fast delivery.
Sorry, I'm not bagging the Y62 but let me explain my self ...... I recently read a Nissan sales article saying that prior to the closeness of the coming demise of the Y61, sales of the Y62 were lower than predicted. To remedy that somewhat, they lowered the asking price which helped sales. Now with the end of the Y61, if you want a Patrol, it's the Y62 or nothing. Sales will go up and availability may be an issue.
Old 15-12-2016, 07:43 AM
--- The Rodfather ---

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ants_oz View Post
I spoke somewhere else about the Y62, they don't advertise them up here, they are not on the front row of any dealership up here, there appears to be no effort to push them. What you say is correct to a certain extent but the waiting list could also be due to poor planning and that would not surprise me.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives

Old 07-01-2017, 10:58 AM

Garage

watch Nissan's add's on t.v, in brissy, they don't even mention the fact that the Y62 exists at all. even on the off road & suv adds.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:01 PM

Spoke to a mate at Nissan, he said it is too expensive to hold them. It may appear that the sales are increasing but this may not be the case by only just observing the waiting time for supply. This could also indicate they are only supplying when ordered, with minimal stock holdings.

Not sure the demise of the GU necessarily translates to increased sales for the Y62, they cater to vastly different markets.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:09 PM
--- The Rodfather ---

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natal Shark Y61 Fan View Post
Spoke to a mate at Nissan, he said it is too expensive to hold them. It may appear that the sales are increasing but this may not be the case by only just observing the waiting time for supply. This could also indicate they are only supplying when ordered, with minimal stock holdings.

Not sure the demise of the GU necessarily translates to increased sales for the Y62, they cater to vastly different markets.
Like any business, carrying stock for the sake of carrying is expensive, if your sure your going to sell it then you can take the risk but if not , that's why JIT/MRP was introduced many years ago.

I agree, the demise of the Y61 will not translate to more Y62 sales, it's a small and delicate market.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives

Old 07-01-2017, 01:50 PM

Agreed stock ties up cash and increases Working Capital.