Quick question for Series 1 Y62 Ti owners - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Y62 Patrol, Armada & Infiniti QX80

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 05:46 PM

Garage
Default Quick question for Series 1 Y62 Ti owners

As the title says.
On my series 1 Y62 Ti, there is no indication when the cruise control is set. A light comes on when the cruise is activated, but when set, nothing indicates this. Considering even the Y61 tells you when the cruise is active and set, I was wondering if i had a blown globe or something? Can anyone corroborate this on their vehicle?
Thanks
Darren
Smiling all the way
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2017, 03:25 AM

It's like that on my Ti series 3, bit primitive considering other features. NW Pajero was the same if that's any consolation.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-01-2017, 04:48 AM

its a constant source of frustration when using cruise control. Our 2016 Ti is the same, the cruise light only comes on to tell you the cruise is ready to use. There is not a second light to tell you u have engaged cruise.
I can't imagine the extra globe would have added much to the build cost either

Nothing but Patrols for the past 16 years
Nothing like a mighty Patrol to let you see this great country of ours

Old 12-01-2017, 05:16 AM

Ti-L uses the display in the middle of the cluster to indicate that the adaptive cruise system is active (and how its configured, set speed etc).

When switched to "standard" cruise mode (i.e., not in adaptive mode) - I've used it a couple of times over the years for various reasons - I don't recall there being anything displayed to indicate cruise has been engaged. Will check again today, and if there IS something displayed to indicate cruise is engaged will let you guys know.

(I know it doesn't help directly, but thought it might make useful background info for you)

My wife has a VW Passat with active cruise. When in active mode, it displays all kinds of additional info in the central dash display (similar to the Ti-L in that regard). But when in 'standard' cruise mode - only shows the little 'speedo' (cruise) icon. When cruise is engaged, it switches from orange to green if I recall correctly. That was the same in previous vehicles (2 difference BMW's, Mercedes, even the old D40 did it).

Are you sure the little icon doesn't change colour when you engage cruise? (Just asking)
The Following User Says Thank You to ants_oz For This Useful Post:
Polmjcl (12-01-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 06:03 AM

Garage

Thanks guys. Camo, you've confirmed my frustration.
Ants, I was aware that the Ti-L had an indicator on the multi function display for the adaptive cruise.
For a sophisticated vehicle, it's pretty remiss of Nissan in this day and age.
Smiling all the way
Old 12-01-2017, 06:58 AM

Fits5,

Yes, I agree - just doesn't make sense. The thing is, there is no quantifiable cost involved either! They could have achieved a "cruise activated" indicator simply with software programming.

Sorry I was not able to refute your worst suspicions
Old 12-01-2017, 07:40 AM

Garage

Just another of the annoying little niggles on what otherwise is a bloody great vehicle.
Smiling all the way
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fits5 For This Useful Post:
ants_oz (12-01-2017), Polmjcl (12-01-2017)