Rhino4x4 pre-order with deposit group offer . expires 10/3/17 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

 


Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Y62 Patrol, Armada & Infiniti QX80

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-03-2017, 02:25 PM
kerry_066's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane Southside
Posts: 1,067
Thanks: 190
Thanked 80 Times in 66 Posts
Garage
Default Rhino4x4 pre-order with deposit group offer . expires 10/3/17

GroupBuy offer- Y62 Rhino4x4 3D evo bar. + free recovery kit to each order if we get 10 by COB 10/03

We need 9 more people willing to order now and pay $500 deposit for the 1st batch of Y62 Rhino4x4 3d Evolution bar due to arrive mid June 2017.
Offer is that a 'Rhino Recovery Kit ' will be included free if we get 10 orders and i email the order/contact information to Ben by COB 10th March 2017.
Rhino4x4 will take that info and produce an invoice and email it out to you so you can then make payment arrangements.
Rhino4x4 will be officially announcing release of the bars via our website, facebook page and re-seller network later this week, therefore the initial shipment due to land in the port of Melbourne in June is going to sell pretty quick, a deposit will guarantee a bar.
WHAT IS NEEDED: by COB 10th march 2017 to be included in offer.
** note we need a total of 10 to get the offer of the recovery kit**
PM or email me the following:
pm me for my email my email
NAME
EMAIL
SHIPPING ADDRESS
CONTACT NUMBER
CUSTOMER DESIRED COLOUR COMBINATION
DOES CUSTOMER VEHICLE HAVE FRONT PARKING SENSORS (how many) and/or HEADLIGHT WASHERS
DOES VEHICLE REQUIRE RADAR SENSOR COMPATIBILITY
FOR CUSTOMERS WANTING COLOUR CODED BARS WE REQUIRE COLOUR CODE OR VEHICLE VIN
the Rhino4x4 Nissan Patrol pricelist pdf ( is too large to attach) here some screen shots
instead
PLEASE NOTE these are March 2017 prices.
17156294_10210198087562426_3947222185720674399_n.jpg

17155495_10210198092402547_7584507588409722349_n.jpg

17155453_10210198096122640_655860558740786800_n.jpg
__________________
Watch Out for That TREE !
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/membe...9/#post4372305
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-03-2017, 06:37 PM
kerry_066's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane Southside
Posts: 1,067
Thanks: 190
Thanked 80 Times in 66 Posts
Garage
Default

all we need this week is for me to email the 10( incl me) to them. the rest of the info like when you pay is b/t you and rhino4x4.
__________________
Watch Out for That TREE !
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/membe...9/#post4372305
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2017, 08:28 PM
kerry_066's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane Southside
Posts: 1,067
Thanks: 190
Thanked 80 Times in 66 Posts
Garage
Default

well it is a slow start, but i remain positive, of what i not sure :P lol
2 down - need 8 more.
pm me ya order and email etc details.
i need to send the 'list' to them by COB Friday.

so if ya planning on a rhino4x4 evo bar for the Y62, 'pre-order' and let try and get a free recovery kit with it.

if ya got an order in already, pls contact me. if you want to be included. (worth a try )
__________________
Watch Out for That TREE !
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/membe...9/#post4372305
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 10-03-2017, 05:57 PM
kerry_066's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane Southside
Posts: 1,067
Thanks: 190
Thanked 80 Times in 66 Posts
Garage
Default OFFER CLOSED. ADMINS pls DELETE Thread

hi,
did not get any interest.
not even worth asking for extra time, since i got like 2 interest but still unconfirmed.

offer closed
Admins pls delete the Thread
__________________
Watch Out for That TREE !
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/membe...9/#post4372305
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 119
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts
Default

It may be lucky that the group buy didn't get up. I went to order a Rhino 4x4 bar for my update 200 in September 2016. Back then the bars were due to be in stock in about 6 weeks. In November they were due in December. In January they were due in February. In February they were due in March. In March they were a few weeks away. When asked what that meant, they said June or July.

I see their website says "Available May". Given it's mid May, I wonder if the release date has pushed out like other models to mid June.

A few owners got burnt. I hope it's different with the Y62, they certainly look good.

The other issue to watch is that they don't have the long chassis support bolt that ARB and TJM have on the 200. Ironman didn't have this and their bar cracked the chassis on a couple of 200's. They now have this bolt. I asked Rhino and at first they said it has this, then dunno then no. This may or may not be relevant for the Y62. Just check.

These 2 things put me off the Rhino. Plus the fact that they seemed to make up whatever answer keeps you on the hook.


Hope it's a different story for the Patrol.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15-05-2017, 10:35 AM
kerry_066's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane Southside
Posts: 1,067
Thanks: 190
Thanked 80 Times in 66 Posts
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobook View Post
It may be lucky that the group buy didn't get up. I went to order a Rhino 4x4 bar for my update 200 in September 2016. Back then the bars were due to be in stock in about 6 weeks. In November they were due in December. In January they were due in February. In February they were due in March. In March they were a few weeks away. When asked what that meant, they said June or July.

I see their website says "Available May". Given it's mid May, I wonder if the release date has pushed out like other models to mid June.

A few owners got burnt. I hope it's different with the Y62, they certainly look good.

The other issue to watch is that they don't have the long chassis support bolt that ARB and TJM have on the 200. Ironman didn't have this and their bar cracked the chassis on a couple of 200's. They now have this bolt. I asked Rhino and at first they said it has this, then dunno then no. This may or may not be relevant for the Y62. Just check.

These 2 things put me off the Rhino. Plus the fact that they seemed to make up whatever answer keeps you on the hook.


Hope it's a different story for the Patrol.
yeah i got all my fingers crossed on that due date also. time will tell.
i not across what you mean about the 200 and a long chassis support bolt. any links might help me understand that a bit better.

anyhow- the rhino bar is lighter and its over hang out the front of the car is way less than those steel Ram's or landing strips from arb. so b/t the less weight and less cantilever pressure weight perhaps it won't be such an issue for the 200.

only one rhino bar is fitted in Aust that i know of. so sample size not quite there yet
__________________
Watch Out for That TREE !
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/membe...9/#post4372305
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

I like the look of the bar compared with the ARB and being lighter would be a bonus.
With the others I hear you need to get the 2" lift from OnTrack for the Ti then to fill the void bigger tyres and so on........ just cannot be bothered going down that road hence my interest in the lighter Rhino one. Is a bit pricey but will wait a while until they've fitted a few, could be quite a wait tho.
Cheers BruceR
__________________
Now - Stock 2016 Pearl White Y62.
Pervious - Modified 2010 4.8 White Y61.
Earlier - Stock 1998 4.5 White Y61.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bjrow For This Useful Post:
kerry_066 (16-05-2017)
  #8  
Old 16-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Newy
Posts: 3,495
Thanks: 423
Thanked 656 Times in 530 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrow View Post
I like the look of the bar compared with the ARB and being lighter would be a bonus.
With the others I hear you need to get the 2" lift from OnTrack for the Ti then to fill the void bigger tyres and so on........ just cannot be bothered going down that road hence my interest in the lighter Rhino one. Is a bit pricey but will wait a while until they've fitted a few, could be quite a wait tho.
Cheers BruceR
Exactly my thoughts.
Mine is the wife's daily and don't want an off road warrior pig.
As you say, bar means lift, lift means bigger tyres, bigger tyres mean chip tune exhaust(done anyway.. lol)
I like the rhino just not the price.
__________________
GU 42T spool king is getting a freshen up and sold off.
62 ti-l frucking sweet family bus
gu 42t dual cab is home baby!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Based on my 19 years of Patrol ownership I've not had the inclination to be doing any hardcore off roading. I've paid for each one I've had since new and cannot bring myself to mud and scratches, just me tho. I've gone up and down some good tracks (Steep track at Eildon) but that's as far as I'll go. Generally it' has been used as a towing rig and the Y62 aces it in my opinion. Sure limited range with petrol but everything else a pro. Expecting to do a bit of touring now that we have the caravan and everyone I talk to suggests a bar for the animals on the road so need to take that onboard and do something about it before heading out.
Cheers BruceR
__________________
Now - Stock 2016 Pearl White Y62.
Pervious - Modified 2010 4.8 White Y61.
Earlier - Stock 1998 4.5 White Y61.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17-05-2017, 02:45 PM
kerry_066's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane Southside
Posts: 1,067
Thanks: 190
Thanked 80 Times in 66 Posts
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrow View Post
Based on my 19 years of Patrol ownership I've not had the inclination to be doing any hardcore off roading. I've paid for each one I've had since new and cannot bring myself to mud and scratches, just me tho. I've gone up and down some good tracks (Steep track at Eildon) but that's as far as I'll go. Generally it' has been used as a towing rig and the Y62 aces it in my opinion. Sure limited range with petrol but everything else a pro. Expecting to do a bit of touring now that we have the caravan and everyone I talk to suggests a bar for the animals on the road so need to take that onboard and do something about it before heading out.
Cheers BruceR
ok sorry i bit of a rant here and off bar topic for a sec.. not so sure about this 'limited range' thinking. sure in town mode it is heavy, but so too would any v8. when touring the Y62 has as good or better on range than its 200 counterparts, especially if it is towing. besides, we traveled from Bris to alice and return and had fuel every 300- 400 kms easy. towing in the gu 3.ltr my make range was like 600-700 and i was running on empty from birdsville to quilpie (630kms) cause we did not want to stop and wait 3 hours at a gas station. and the y62 will do that no probs. and if ya super keen, double the cap with a 150 ltr longeranger tank and put the spare on the roof.
so in summary, there is very few places that won't have a fill up within 500km so is range as big a deal as we all think for dirt road travel. sure if we in simpson desert, you might want to take some cans, but ya not going to be towing a big van in there anyhow.
anyhow.. each to their own. i am now at the point of saying to many, yes it a v8 what do you expect lol
__________________
Watch Out for That TREE !
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/membe...9/#post4372305
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 17-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Kerry, rant what!?
I hear what you're saying.
The thing uses less than the 2010 GU 4.8l both towing or not with heaps more power to go. More stable /settled and comfy to drive even with the 3.1T van on. We do use Airbags and a hayman reece 800lbs wdh to get things level car wise.
Never been "outback" so cannot comment on the fuel stops etc. Will just have to ease into it and plan a bit to gain a better idea. I know over Christmas last I used 23.4l/100k going down to the 90mile beach with van on, my wife did 29.9l/100k on the way back home managing to spin the back wheels a couple of times. Needless to say I don't let her drive it often now......
Cheers BruceR
__________________
Now - Stock 2016 Pearl White Y62.
Pervious - Modified 2010 4.8 White Y61.
Earlier - Stock 1998 4.5 White Y61.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 119
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry_066 View Post
yeah i got all my fingers crossed on that due date also. time will tell.
i not across what you mean about the 200 and a long chassis support bolt. any links might help me understand that a bit better.

anyhow- the rhino bar is lighter and its over hang out the front of the car is way less than those steel Ram's or landing strips from arb. so b/t the less weight and less cantilever pressure weight perhaps it won't be such an issue for the 200.

only one rhino bar is fitted in Aust that i know of. so sample size not quite there yet
Kerry take a look at the photo in instruction number 10 on this Ironman fitting page.
http://www.ironman4x4.com/system/res...CD043%20IM.pdf

The Rhino, and previously the Ironman bar just bolts to this face at the front of the chassis rail. There were quite a few failures where the chassis tore away. The same thing happened with the original Toyota bar which Toyota recalled. Ironman later added the bolt and anchor plate shown in section 12 which ARB and TJM always did. This stopped the problem.

I'm not sure if the Patrol has a similar face at the front of the chassis. If so I would be very weary. While the Rhino is significantly lighter than ARB ( which is what attracted me to it too), I ruled it out because I wanted a winch. I felt the additional bold is needed then. It may not be an issue with the Y62.

In the end that, and their constant slipping of dates turned me off. Also they NEVER answer the bloody phone or get back to you. Hope that has changed.

I just felt that Rhino had a good looking design, and great ideas, but they had bitten off more than they could chew given their small size. It's a great looking bar.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On







Subscribe in NewsGator Online


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.