Vinyl Wrapping - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Y62 Patrol, Armada & Infiniti QX80

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 03:49 PM

Garage
Default Vinyl Wrapping

Howdy all, I saw a post on here awhile back with someone vinyl wrapping their interior to dechrome it abit. I had a crack over the weekend with some spray on stuff which turned out pretty good til i scratched abit of it then made it worse when i tried to fix it so now i need to pull the dash apart again to redo it but anyway what i wanted to know was has anyone done the side chrome vents? And if they have how the hell do you get it off with out damaging it or the car? The dude that sold me the spray on stuff said i should do my rims as well but i am not sure i want to go that far. Anyway Thanks in advance for any info to help with vent removal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Thanked 1,197 Times in 923 Posts

Hi mate, Now I can't say much about the Y62, however having puled a lot of my GU apart, I can say they often have some tricky little hidden clips. Just think about when they assemble it, there will often be a clip so they can fit the vent and push into a clip to hold in place then a screw or another clip behind to hold more secure.

Get yourself some of the plastic trim removal tool kits from an auto store. These make it a lot easier with less chance of doing damage.
Just google "plastic trim and dash removal tools" and look at images to see what you get. There are a few versions of the same basic tools. I got myself a big blue plastic set for doors, flares and stuff where you need a larger wide strong tool to lever things of. Also got one of the yellow sets with more of the small fine points to carefully insert and prize off interior parts. There are a variety of little tools with hooks and things which I have not worked out what they are for, some flat blades for removal of the stereo hidden clips each side etc.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=p...J0Dv0Q_AUIPigB

GU4, But it is not going anywhere til we rebuild it better, stronger, maybe even a little faster.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geordie4x4 For This Useful Post:
freod (06-08-2016), preacher (07-08-2016)
Old 30-12-2016, 12:05 PM

Ask help from the veteran installers, why not visit Gatorwraps and Gatorprints and request for a quote. I believe they have installers for vinyl wrap in all major cities.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!