Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Q1. Should Bali 2 be executed for crimes in Indo? Q2. Does Indo have the rite?

• Q1 yes

Votes: 107 78.7%
  • Q1 no

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • Q2 yes

Votes: 123 90.4%
  • Q2 no

Votes: 7 5.1%

The Bali 2

13K views 147 replies 50 participants last post by  skegbudley 
#1 ·
Two part multiple choice.

Do you believe the Bali 2 should be executed for their crimes in Indonesia?

Do you believe Indonesia has the right to execute drug dealers for crimes committed in their sovereign territory?

#11 ·
Just typical look at me in the limelight being a good bloke tryin to score brownie points, They couldn't give a shyt about who it is....

#13 ·
I completely agree, Yes and yes.

But with the amount of media that seem to think there is a huge public opposition to them being executed,yet I haven't spoken to one person in the past 2 weeks that has any other opinion than those expressed above.
Is there anyone on here that would care to elaborate there stance if they are pro clemency as id be interested to here a differing opinion.

Sent from Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

#17 ·
A comment (not verbatim) I heard was, I thought I was the only one who thought they deserve what they get in the country in which they do the crime. The statistics here, although small, would seem to reflect the general opinion of the majority of people I speak with. So where are the polies getting there feedback from?????????????????? would that possibly be inner city tree huggers and other self interested minor opinion but vocal groups.

#18 ·
Lefties are know as being vocal.
But surely with the huge push for clemancey on the media and governments part you would assume at least 1/3 of people would be for it...
The way I see it though with this sample group is the majority of people on here are quintessential "working class" the exact same people that aren't really represented by either side of politics these days and the exact same group who are too busy working to gather in town squares with protest signs.
So subsequently the average person in Australia isn't represented at all by either the government who are only there too look after big business (LNP) or too busy pandering to the Lefties and dole bludger (ALP) and we all know where the media stands in all of this

Sent from Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Yes, yes and yes. Ask anyone anywhere and its common knowledge most countries carry the death penalty for drug trafficking. If you want to try it on then be prepared to cop the consequences when caught.

Pity were much more relaxed with our punishments for law breakers here in Australia.

#35 ·
...most countries carry the death penalty for drug trafficking...

90% of nations have abolished capital punishment for any crimes so that's an interesting definition of 'most'.

As a kid I knew if I got caught pinching biscuits from the cupboard I'd get a whack on the bum so I could hardly complain when I got a whack if I was caught.

Same thing on a larger scale, they knew they consequences if caught.

Prison is intended to rehabilitate, firing squad is intended to punish and deter others, so their apparent rehabilitation and remorse is largely irrelevent.

Having said that, against the majority opinion (which I respect), in principal I am opposed to the death penalty. It has been proven that a significant number of those killed have been posthumously proven innocent (I posted links to this in US in another discussion a while back) and I don't think one innocent death can be justified by any number of guilty executions, it makes us no better than the killers we are executing.

It also seems somewhat barbaric and uncivilised in 2015, a relic of medieval times and every other aspect of society seems to have moved on.

I also think life in solitary is probably a greater punishment anyway... And certainly murderers and rapists should never see the light of day.

Ok flame suit on let it rip...

#21 ·
No I don't think they should be executed for their crime, but I don't make the rules and as such they have been tried and found guilty and set a sentence. Life in prison for sure but death? It is very well known what the consequences are so they have to pay the price. It is a hard punishment for their family and friends to bear for sure.

What annoys me is all these people calling for clemency for them. Well if you call for clemency for them why weren't you also calling for clemency for the six executed two weeks ago or the others scheduled for next week etc?

#22 ·
Yes & Yes

8kgs of Heroin. These guys didn't care about ****ing up the lives of hundreds of users or seven couriers. Sounds like justice to me.

#24 ·
Fairly conclusive poll result so far, considering we have quite a large cross section of membership, it looks like the average Australian is really over it.

#25 ·
Yup....agree with that.
Back to our town and I suspect else where, a handfull are baying for blood, another handfull are denouncing the death penalty whilst the majority are totaly indifferent.

The media and pollies are listening to someone. I can suggest it's not the majority....lol.

Cheers.....Lionel.

#26 ·
Fek the polly's and bringing politics into it they just trying to score brownee points,,,, There country there laws, end of story...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.