Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

6 inch lift

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  tuffturbogq 
#1 ·
i have just been offerd a 6 inch lift from a random,it includes everything like dropped arms from 3rd productions rear upper and lower adjustable control arms.shocks are abit leaky and the springs are a bit ****ty looking.
$1500 what ya think

?????

#2 ·
sorry guys forgot to mention drag link and panards as well.im running 5 inch without all the arms.just thort it might be a decent buy for all the arms and just replace the shocks

#3 ·
Have you price the kit new? By the sounds of the shocks and *****ty springs it might be worth investing for some piece of mind, of new parts.

How many kays did the kit do and how do the bushes look? Talk to a mechanic about its condition.

#4 ·
If the bush's check out to be ok. I'd be interested if i was you. Thats really cheap as long as its not really old and clapped out gear.

#5 ·
i thort the same thing i am me own mechanic so my thorts of it all were pritty good!the fronts need a set of bushes which iv got.im a bit on sure on the km'will have to ask him.i spose i can all ways sell it if i dont want it

#6 ·
How are you running 5 inch with out any arms? I'd thought you'd still have adjustiable panhards, draglink and control arms at least?

But if they are ok sounds like an ok deal, but it could be cheaper, or same cost just to upgrade the missing bits, I'd prefer new over second hand any day

Anyway that's my 2 cents

#7 ·
yeah mate running drop boxes at the moment.would like to get away from these as ya tend to get hung up on them abit.my steering aint that bad at all considering but its not saying that i am looking at doing it.yeah panhards will be getting sold

#11 ·
yeah mate im leaning towards superflex arms if i was to do it as there not much moore then snake.
i was gonna buy it as it was a cheap alternative with some good gear but i wasnt that keen on the 6 inchs.i should stop being a tight ass hahaha.my 5 ich t/d are pritty much brand new so im kinda shooting my self in the foot by doing it twice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.