4x4 tracks near and around Brisbane?? - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > 4x4 Forums > Trips, Touring, and Treks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-2005, 11:38 AM
SWB89Patrol4.2

Default 4x4 tracks near and around Brisbane??

hey im fairly new to 4x4ing but i was just wondering what sort of tracks there are around the brisbane area???

cheers big ears.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-08-2005, 07:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to procompman
Smile

hi well the 4wd bug must have got u too the only good tracks i know of is the glasshouse power lines tracks but u have to watch out for the ranger sometimes but he only in a trition so he is easy to get away from
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:53 PM

A good place to start is the "Dirty Weekends in SE Qld" book. It has some great drives to do - all legal . Mt Mee is a fun place to go, so start with the drive in the book, once you know your way around a bit more you can venture off into side tracks. It helps if you know someone in the army who can get army maps of Mt Mee though . Venture a bit further out and you will find great places like Sundown NP just past Stanthorpe. That was good fun. Just keep asking, everyone has favourite places and you just have to try and fit them all in.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:44 PM
BATTLE AXE

Default Tracks in 5mins

Don't know if this helps, but I go to an area known as Binnies road on the out skirts of Ipswich. It is a maped road but has turned into the local 4wd area. It is not a big area by any means but offers some really good tracks and obsticals that will test ANY 4wd! and the great thing about it is its only 5 mins from my place so its a great place to unwind. It offers creeks, mud, rocks, ledges and some really tight tracks! but their is a chicken line to most obsticals.
PM me if you want a tour!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wellsy For This Useful Post:
darylive (16-12-2013)
Old 27-09-2005, 08:45 PM

Default 4wd tracks

Paradise Rd, Browns Plains has some challenging hill climbs and decent mud pits, I should know , I got stuck in one for an hour and a half and got winched up a hill climb. Mind you I got a 3 inch lift under a shortyn with mudzillers, so it no standard shorty, check out www.all-brand-cars.com for photos
Old 29-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Ok you are prob looking for free 4wd tracks, but if you just want to get away for the weekend and have a good time 4wd'ing then head out to LandCuriser Park, its only a 3 hour drive from Brizzy up the Highway North, turn off to Kilcoy and head out to Jimna. For what you get the prices are reasonable and there is always someone driving the track so if you get stuck at all everyone is willing to help you out.

Otherwise keep them coming in I am in Toowoomba and trying to find 4wd tracks around here anyone know of any or live in this area that wants to meet up for a day trip out around here.... PM me
*Official Toyota Recovery Vehicle* <-- family joke
Motto: Hey you got your Suzu through there... I can get this through there as well
Old 30-09-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Tracks

The Farm...Blackbutt (phone John first) was $25 a day.
Sandy Creek... sandy creek rd Woodford $50 w/end.
If your into sand Bribie Is...$100 yearly pass,Double Is...free.
Simpson Desert $95 yearly pass Great sand driving there

Last edited by Gee_Q; 03-10-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 30-09-2005, 04:35 PM

Thanks Gee_Q, yeh I was more thinking along the lines of free places that I could go, Like national parks there is a good one near gatton along the Gatton-Esk Road, places like that...
Motto: Hey you got your Suzu through there... I can get this through there as well
Old 30-09-2005, 04:41 PM

hey 91gq i live in toowoomba have you tried spicers gap and i think there is a track near helidon and i,m always wanting to go but dont know to many paople around here with 4x4 and i have herd that there is a new 4x4 park in beaudesert

chris
Old 01-10-2005, 09:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to billy the kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91GQ
Thanks Gee_Q, yeh I was more thinking along the lines of free places that I could go, Like national parks there is a good one near gatton along the Gatton-Esk Road, places like that...
thats the laidley state forest track
u turn left off gatton-esk road at lockyer lucerne ( i think )
takes u thru to the lookout up top of the hill.
fire trails mainly but after rain its a challenge ( clay/dirt roads )
been along time since i went thru there.

can find out the road name if u like as my ol' man lives 5 mins up the road from there
Old 01-10-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy the kid
thats the laidley state forest track
u turn left off gatton-esk road at lockyer lucerne ( i think )
takes u thru to the lookout up top of the hill.
fire trails mainly but after rain its a challenge ( clay/dirt roads )
been along time since i went thru there.

can find out the road name if u like as my ol' man lives 5 mins up the road from there
Yeh I went through that track about a month or 2 ago, my folks live just down the road from there as well... good fun track to have a play around on...
Old 06-01-2006, 08:12 AM
MIA

Spicers Gap (the old 4WD only track is closed). We went up to the lookout there a few months back expecting to drive the track - no go - large NParks gate. Horses are OK though so take your rocking horse.
Old 17-01-2006, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoB
Spicers Gap (the old 4WD only track is closed). We went up to the lookout there a few months back expecting to drive the track - no go - large NParks gate. Horses are OK though so take your rocking horse.
We drove Spicers Gap only a few months ago as well. It is only a small section in the middle that is closed off. You just have to go in the other side. There is a gate at the entrance but it isn't locked.
White Patrol Club #21

"Now that is interesting!"
Old 30-05-2006, 07:26 AM

hi we do a lot of trips around brisbane with the 4wd club you just need a forestry permit to acsess these areas Amamoor near gympie, connondale, benarkin out from woodford, mount mee, beerburrum and berwah near glass house, lockyer out ipshwich way, kenilworth there are a few really good parks as well these cost a fee to use the springs near warwick levuka, near woodnbong these are preety close for a weekend trip a good way to explore what is out there is to find a 4 wd club in your area
Old 12-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Give it some goat

Send a message via MSN to 89 GQ

There is a area out near Forestdale. just off paradise road the tracks arnt overly serious, but you can still have some good dirty fun. just watch out because bikes are often in the area.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by procompman
hi well the 4wd bug must have got u too the only good tracks i know of is the glasshouse power lines tracks but u have to watch out for the ranger sometimes but he only in a trition so he is easy to get away from
That's probably one of the reasons why you banana benders don't have as many good places to go off-road there .

Seeing as you're new to the 4wd scene SWB89Patrol4.2, I'd suggest you don't listen to stupid comments like this as that's the sort of attitude that ruins it for the rest of the 4wd world & tracks end up closed, graded, etc, etc.....
Old 13-07-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GU BUG
That's probably one of the reasons why you banana benders don't have as many good places to go off-road there .

Seeing as you're new to the 4wd scene SWB89Patrol4.2, I'd suggest you don't listen to stupid comments like this as that's the sort of attitude that ruins it for the rest of the 4wd world & tracks end up closed, graded, etc, etc.....
most of that area is open to permit holders its just the fenced off areas that your not allowed into. permits are free from the Qld gov.
Old 13-07-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GU T42
most of that area is open to permit holders its just the fenced off areas that your not allowed into. permits are free from the Qld gov.
Yeah I've actually seen a couple of trip reports on other forums from people driving the tracks around the Glasshouse mountains & they too mentioned permits.

My point was that it's not okay for newbies to be lead into the 'Do it but don't get caught there' way of thinking .
Old 16-07-2006, 05:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to procompman

ha ha for you to know GU BUG i have been holder of a permit for the last 3 years for that area and many others and the rangers still chase you and try to kick you out even if you do have a permit but the permit says we can be there
Old 16-07-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by procompman

ha ha for you to know GU BUG i have been holder of a permit for the last 3 years for that area and many others and the rangers still chase you and try to kick you out even if you do have a permit but the permit says we can be there
So what you're saying is you show them you have a permit & then they chase you out of there .

Did you ever stop to think that maybe if you didn't take off like a knob, they wouldn't chase you .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification