• WA Day long weekend 30 May - 1 June

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Other Dates

Votes: 7 35.0%

WA Annual Meet

39K views 828 replies 40 participants last post by  geordie4x4 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Gday guys

Seeing as its always so hard to get everyone to a meet due to work etc, thought it might be a good idea to get this started early to try and get a good amount of people to meet up.

Open to options for ideas as to where as I still havent seen lots around WA, but maybe head down towards albany way, or south of margs, something like that? or maybe north to guilderton area? ideas? lol

Also dates are the next thing so check out the poll and take a vote. Im think May/June/July, should be a bit of water around then at least, or if you have other approx dates in mind, chuck them up in a post. I have put long weekends as they might help get more people along, but would be just as happy to do a two day weekend if that's what the majority want.

hopefully this will get enough interest to get it organised nice and early.

Tisch

EDIT:

UPDATE 27th Jan;

So a rough plan has been set for the meet. its going to be 15th - 18th May going up the Holland Track. A few of us are going to be taking the Monday off so we can get 3 nights of camping in. The more the merrier.

Friday 15th; meet at McGann's Rock, about 50 odd kms west of Hyden, I'll (Leethal) give directions when we get a bit closer. You get there when you get there. First arrivals collect firewood before dark!

Sat 16th; leave about 10ish, pop in at Wave Rock for those who haven't seen it. Also gives time for late arrivals who leave home sat morning (6am I would suggest). Then on to the track and set up camp hopefully by 3, collect wood few coldies and talk chit.

Sun 17th; another late start. Prob camp at the big mother of a rock (can't remember name) before final run out to Victoria Road. Will also fit big groups.
Mon 18th; cruise out to Coolgardie, fuel up and head home.

Anyone who can't get Monday off work can either keep going when we reach camp Sunday, or leave earlier than the rest of us from camp on Sunday morning, depending on what time you wish to get home.

Camper trailers welcome, but can be a bit twisty in parts, and may get scratches. Perfect track for roof top tents, next choice swags

No point canvassing numbers yet, leave that til mid April, but if you're keen don't forget to put your leave in nice and early so there can't be any excuses lol

***Please be aware we don't want anyone coming up there driving around like a d*ck and trashing the camps/tracks or whatever. You all know the difference between some fun driving and taking it too far.... I'm sure a lot of you guys will have the forum stickers on your rigs and we don't want to be give the forum/4wders in general a bad name***

Cheers to Leethal for the info/suggestion for the weekend!

See less See more
#12 ·
I'll be keen to head out, should be right to fit in with whatever suits the crowd.

#25 ·
How hard would it be to get permission to do the south side of the holland track? I rekon that would be a sweet trip.
Depending on how our trip goes we might be able to meet you on the Kalgoorlie side. Only if its the September long weekend though. It will probably be to dry then I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.