Fuel economy 3ltr CRD on 33's - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR > ZD30 CRD Engine 3 Litre

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 04:27 PM

Default Fuel economy 3ltr CRD on 33's

Hi everybody,

New to the forum, just tricking up my 2011 gu. Looking at fitting a set
305 65r17 mt 4rib atz. Just seeing what fuel economy people have been
getting from there 3ltr Crd manual with 33's fitted and if there is any
problems using the factory 17in rims iv got 2in lift.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2013, 04:35 PM

Hi mate and welcome, wealth of info on here.

Have a look in here: CRD and Bad Fuel Economy - DISCUSSION THREAD
-CRD Club #122-
-R34 4 door Skyline 380rwhp toy-
-R36 Passat Waghoon family bus-

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:10 PM

Hey msports,

Thank you for the link's.
Old 14-02-2013, 07:42 PM

I have 08 crd with 33 inch cooper st maxx, 4 inch lift, steel front and rear bars, winch and roof rack, with a chip it chip. I get about 880km to 117 litres of diesel. Mainly driving around the city with a bit of freeway now and then, air conditioning on most of the time.
Old 15-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Im the same as davegu. Im running a different tune with my chipit every two tanks to see which ids the best compromise between egt's, power and economy. When i started playing around with all the mods on i was getting 15l/100kms. Last tank i just recorded 13.5l/100kms... And mine is an Auto.
Old 15-02-2013, 04:46 PM

What tune you running George?
#74 CRD PATROL CLUB MEMBER
Old 15-02-2013, 08:40 PM

Mine is a 2009 CRD wagon and I run Mickey T 4 ribs on the 17's but a 285/70 profile with a chip express chip on the default setting, 2" lift, auto and steel winch bar and get about 650 - 700 out of the main tank around town.

He who dies with the most toys still dies......
Old 15-02-2013, 08:50 PM

Wholly ****... How is everyone getting such good fuel economy..
In lucky to get 600kms out of both tanks, and the only extra I have are 33 BFG Muddies, steel bar with winch and roof racks... I have no idea why it has such crappy fuel economy...

It's a 2010 ST, nearly 50k on the clock always services by Nissan..

IF YOU CANT BEAT THE HILL, YOUR NOT DRIVING A PATROL
Old 16-02-2013, 06:25 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEATY View Post
Wholly ****... How is everyone getting such good fuel economy..
In lucky to get 600kms out of both tanks, and the only extra I have are 33 BFG Muddies, steel bar with winch and roof racks... I have no idea why it has such crappy fuel economy...

It's a 2010 ST, nearly 50k on the clock always services by Nissan..
WOW. I get about 12.5lph with chipit and exhaust/egr block in my CRD ute with a shoe box shaped canopy. I was whinging about it because my Di wagon gets 10 lph. I whinge no more

WPC 149
GPC 061
Old 16-02-2013, 09:14 AM

I'm really hoping to see some better numbers out of mine when i fit the chipit and beaudesert next week. I could only dream of 12.5 mines around 15lph constantly.

Shane
#116 CRD club
Old 16-02-2013, 09:40 AM

I think it's time to put mine on a dyno and see what the go is, it's running excessively rich, blowing black smoke and has less power then normal, and good old Nissan have a second year apprentice service the thing who know nothing....grrrr

I'm very interested in the chip it package with the exhaust, but would prefer to fix the original issue first..

IF YOU CANT BEAT THE HILL, YOUR NOT DRIVING A PATROL
Old 16-02-2013, 06:01 PM

I have 2007 crd manual and put 33's on 10,000 ago 285/70/17 wrangler silent armour after wearing out supplied tyres [5] at 80k. When truck was new I was not happy with the 14 L/100 but as others have said it improves, now get 12.5 L/100 unless conditions bad. Always driven at speed limit SA 110km no mercy, no change in figures with bigger tyres. vehicle modded 3 in exh, cheap euro chip, egr block, intercool fan, catch can,scangauge, thanks Whitie and Chaz and others for advice on mods
Michael
Old 17-02-2013, 02:19 PM

Garage

Hey everyone. just new to this so here goes.... I have an 08 GU wagon CRD with 58 thou on the clock. I have many forums about fuel usage. I average about 15L/100km dry, and by dry I mean no roof racks or kids etc. just me and the mrs (that's on the highway). I'm in the process of doing the EGR blank as we speak. I'm running 285/75/16 bighorns and diy draws in the back which weigh just over 50kg's with the timber top. Just wondering what others have done to improve this economy with unloading sh*t loads of cash up front. the minister on war and finance has spoken....
Old 19-02-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDShane View Post
I'm really hoping to see some better numbers out of mine when i fit the chipit and beaudesert next week. I could only dream of 12.5 mines around 15lph constantly.

Shane
I'd love to hear your results once you've fitted the chip and exhaust Shane. I've stopped calculating my fuel consumption because it was starting to get depressing.
I'm pretty much 15lph to a tank and I tend to drive fairly gently and rarely sit on more than 100km/h on the freeway.
Just pulled our old Jayco Swan from Morwell to Wilsons Promontory and got 22lph according to the scangauge! It is fairly hilly though I must admit.

Drew.
Old 21-02-2013, 07:12 PM

Garage

My 09 auto has 305/70/16s ,2'' lift, egr block, intercooler fan, no main muffler and i get 680-730km out of 110-115L which is 15.5 - 16.5lph.. it sux.
Old 21-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Glasshouse Bogan #1

Garage

I have noticed lately when following CRD patrols around the city they blow a bit of smoke. Dont know if there chipped or not.

Sent from my phone so spelling doesn't matter
Old 21-02-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big rig View Post
What tune you running George?
;
Hi big rig. Sorry for the delayed responce. At the moment im running tune 7. Still getting 13.5l/100kms but lower egts. I think slightly less power too but not by much. Iv got this nw reading with all suburban driving and air con on pretty much all the time with this melbourne weather...
Old 21-02-2013, 10:50 PM

Ok cheers mate I got 8 on the go was thinking of dropping it down to 7 for a try
Old 13-08-2013, 12:43 PM

Question for you guys running Chip it chips... I don't have an egt at this stage so I can't monitor temps but are you getting reasonable temperatures running tune 7? I am currently using tune 5 to be safe and had been using 6 until I had a couple of issues with kangaroo hopping when putting the foot down. I'm noticing tune 5 doesn't hold overdrive as well as 6 did (I think?) and I'm yet to find a tune that has improved my atrocious economy in the slightest.

Just on economy, since fitting a ChipIt and 3" exhaust my fuel figures have come in at 16.5lph (33's, roof rack, bar and drawers) with almost all of that being country town k's at low speed and highway.
Current tank has done 400km's and I've got under 1/4 tanks to go (gauge usually drops quickly from here). 250km round trip to Dandenong down the highway with a box trailer on last week showed about 18lph minimum on the scangauge! Can't believe an empty trailer made such a hage impact! Dreading the day we tow the Jayco away for a holiday.
Old 13-08-2013, 01:00 PM

Running tune 9 towing my camper I was using between 14.5 to 18l per 100. I have never used the scan gauge for fuel consumption I've airways worked out myself

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification