Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

due to popular demand...

186K views 694 replies 119 participants last post by  VinceGU05 
#1 · (Edited)
due to popular demand...something about a duramax?!

i will start a bit of a build thread. will see how i go with time.

she started out as a standard 05 3.0l ST with nissan bar snorkel and driving lights.
i bought her at 2 years of ages with 24000km.
stopped off at ARB and had winch side steps and cargo barrier 33's STT fitted.
had Autron cruise fitted ( not without teething problems)
a DP chip and Beau dessert 2.75 exhaust fitted.

first trip out was portland dunes.

i found an awesome test track close to home ( now blocked off)

made up sway bar extensions

See less See more
#176 ·
Vince..............SIC Truck buddy,

Now in one of your pics ive noticed the dreaded "Sub Tank" light illuminated on the dash.

Tell me have you been able to fix this problem because i have the same issue and have tried everything with no success.

??????????????????????????????????????????????

#177 ·
thanks!!
no!! it was fine till heath and i dropped the main tank to adjust the fuel gauge sender and since then that light has been on.. cant get it off.
have rewired the sub tank pump with a separate switch for now.
have u tried discconecting yr batt. i heard thats the only way to reset that light.. i tried but it came back on.

#178 ·
Yea ive disconnected the battery, replaced the fuel pump, replaced the sub tank module, fitted extra earth leads between the chassis/body/motor, checked fuses, spoken to many Nissan mechanics for advice but still cant get the sub tank light off and the pump working.
I can get it to stay off for 25seconds after disconnecting the batteries and draining the power but it comes back on.
The only way i can transfer fuel is run power direct to the pump.

On another note!!!!! What sort of torque is your duramax pumping out????? I was thinking of installing a BULLET supercharger instead of a turbo due to the lack of room in my engine bay and the fact blowers work well on low reving engines. Do you know anyone who has one and what sort of power they make???

Cheers

#196 ·
Yeah lucky save. Don't forget a was 3/4 up sth basalt knob track. Mates down the bottom beside one with me. No fire extinguisher but thank god I had 15 litres of water and a coulpa towels. Unless u drowned the plastics it would reignite so wet towels suffocated it nicely. Gunna be a job finding and repairing all the burnt cabling etc. hope the auto isnt cooked!!

#206 ·
Wow dude i know how you feel with the fire scare, i was doing some work on my bullbar when some dodgy as airhorn wiring done by the previous owner short circuited, no fuse meant the whole wire went up in flames, luckily nothing else caught fire though. Never felt so scared of losing the patrol, absolutely gut wrenching