Relay holder/box options - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Technical Discussion Forums > Auto Electrical

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2019, 08:38 PM

Default Relay holder/box options

Has anyone used or found a box or holder that you can mount multiple relays in? Currently rewiring the spaghetti under the bonnet and want something to tidy up the relays

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-06-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGU42 View Post
Has anyone used or found a box or holder that you can mount multiple relays in? Currently rewiring the spaghetti under the bonnet and want something to tidy up the relays

Thanks
Under what conditions? Does it need to be waterproof? Is heat likely to be an issue?

https://www.jaycar.com.au/interlocki...leads/p/SY4078 allow you to join as many relay sockets together as you like (or have space for). Then the relays just plug in, making them easy to replace.

The short pre-installed leads can easily be removed and replaced with terminals (also included) attached to your neatly arranged new auxiliary wiring loom , rather than having an extra joiner in each wire.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 13-06-2019, 09:49 PM

Either or.... if not weatherproof I could easily get a weather proof adaptable box and throw some glands on it to make it pretty much water tight.
I seen those from jaycar but didn稚 like the idea of joining onto the pre wired cables, but if they can be done away with and ditched I may consider them, I was planning on going to jaycar 2moz to have a look at them and see if they had any other options

Old 14-06-2019, 06:41 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Thanked 1,082 Times in 836 Posts
Garage

You can remove the wires and replace with your own. The terminals clip in but you can just as easily those from lots of places unwired.

Or if you want to get fancy look at Bussman Cooper RTMR boxes or Litlefuse also some. You can get them with provision to hold both relays and fuses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9EB7BB1C-A38F-4182-AA8C-E4B68C1FBFAE.jpg (61.3 KB, 15 views)
Gold member #78
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 14-06-2019, 08:13 AM
Every dog has his day

Thanked 12,184 Times in 6,193 Posts
Garage

Your local friendly aluminum fabrication shop could make you one... exact size you request and get fancy with a clear perspex lid.

*Hollywood*
Old 14-06-2019, 10:07 AM

I am using one of these - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fuse-Box...frcectupt=true

It does the job. I do need to revisit it and change the way power goes in. As currently have the 6 pigtails joined to a single wire out side the boxs and makes it look messy. Going to change it so 4 relays powered by one wire and loop each power from the fuse next to it. With power coming from the AUX battery.
The other 2 will be for roof lights and powered from the main battery. As I made a wrong decision and using a DC-DC charger. Which is only rated to 20amps. So cant keep up with 30amps of lights (400watts of HID).
Old 14-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Forum Tragic

Thanked 10,012 Times in 6,371 Posts

Ive been looking around for the same thing to finish off the engine bay electrics. It turned up in the mail yesterday. Found it on Wish and bought one. Under $15 + $10 delivery is bloody good value compared to what you pay retail in AUS. It comes with all the pins needed to completely wire it up.

I like shiny stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to skegbudley For This Useful Post:
Softy (14-06-2019)
Old 14-06-2019, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the ideas, I managed to get 4x relays in the existing/factory fuse/relay box next to the battery, any extras now I値l have to find some thing to install them in
I seen those ones that skegs posted on eBay , just running out of room in engine bay now

Old 14-06-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skegbudley View Post
Ive been looking around for the same thing to finish off the engine bay electrics. It turned up in the mail yesterday. Found it on Wish and bought one. Under $15 + $10 delivery is bloody good value compared to what you pay retail in AUS. It comes with all the pins needed to completely wire it up.

I like shiny stuff
Yep thats the same as mine. I paid extra for the relays and a pack of cheap fuses. I did look at wish. But I think mine ended up being ebay.
Pretty easy to install. THe only problem I had, was I a ran 6mm wire to each fuse. and joined them outside the box with 6awg wire.
This plus the output wires and the switching wires and 1 earth to run the relays. Made for a big bulky loom.
SO when I get around to cleaning it up. I am going to loop 2 power wires from my main battery for lights and the other 4 looped from the AUX.
that will cut down 4wires going in.

My current relay switching wires are almost factory size wire.
Old 15-06-2019, 01:40 PM

My joining and soldering are pretty rude. As it was to cold for the iron to work. Stupid butane.