TD42TI Injector pump timing signal - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Technical Discussion Forums > Auto Electrical

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-2019, 08:50 AM

Default TD42TI Injector pump timing signal

Hi all,
For the last few months my ute has been down on power. Only had the pump rebuilt just under a year ago and took it back under warranty only to be told that the TCV is getting an intermittent signal from the ecu and that it's a common fault with these engines. They suggested to take it to an auto elec but I'm having a hard time getting in to see one. Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of signal it sends(ie pwm, analogue etc) from the ecu to the pump so I can fault find it myself. I have oscilloscope etc to test with but just not sure what I'm looking for.
Also can anyone tell me where the ecu is located?

Cheers,
Paul
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-2019, 09:29 AM

Okay,
Found the ECU and cleaned the plug out with contact cleaner. I've been looking through my Haynes manual and it shows the ECU runs a ECM relay which then feeds a signal to the pump. Does anyone know where this relay is located because I can't for the life of me find it's hiding place.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 19-05-2019, 09:09 PM

HI Pauly

Have you checked all the basics first?
Gauze filter?
Fuel Filter?
Air Filter?
Still boosting properly and no Intercooler leaks too?

Have you hooked up the ECUtalk and make sure your TPS is within range and your Injector pump timing is correct?
Mamba 18G 6cm
Dyno Tuned to 23psi
315 75 16 Kumho Mt51
Highway 13.3L/100km
Suburb 14.6-15.6L/100km

Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM

Hi Drgtr,
My pump doesn't have a gauze filter, checked that first.
New fuel and air filters again but no change
Getting 10psi at the manifold
I took it back to Baileys diesel because I had checked all these issues. They put it on the dyno and said it was pushing out a load of white smoke which was unburnt fuel. They hooked it to an analyser and said the TCV wasn't working but with someone touching the wires underneath the car it would work intermittently.
Yesterday I traced the fault to the plug that connects to the TCV. If I push hard on it I get a reading on the meter connected to the ecu and the ecm relay. I pulled the plug apart and couldn't see a problem but it's definitely not making good contact so I did a little bush mechanic work and now it's connecting reliably. I have an ecutalk consult cable on the way so I can check it out more in depth.
Even though the TCV appears to be working, and the engine seems smoother I still feel it's well down on power. All the compression readings seem good, cyl 5 is about 10% lower but I think thats ok.
Might have to take it somewhere else to get it looked at