RV camping at Kershaw Gardens in Rockhampton, Qld, to cease. Court ruling. - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Caravaning, Camping and Equipment Forums > Camping and Caravaning Photography and Locations

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-2018, 10:46 AM
I Am Me and I Love My ZD30

Thanked 11,184 Times in 7,398 Posts
Garage
Default RV camping at Kershaw Gardens in Rockhampton, Qld, to cease. Court ruling.

RV camping at Kershaw Gardens in Rockhampton, Qld, is no longer allowed.
On November 15, the Planning and Environment Court ruled against Rockhampton Regional Council, finding that the use of the site for RV camping was unlawful under the Planning Act.

In late 2017, Caravan Parks Association of Queensland (Caravanning Queensland) launched the proceedings against the council on the basis “that the use of an area known as Kershaw Gardens at Moores Creek Road, Park Avenue, Rockhampton, for free camping was unlawful and constituted a development offence under the Planning Act 2016 (Qld) due to the absence of an effective development permit for the use”.

Caravanning Queensland’s general manager of parks, Michelle Weston, said the decision provided certainty to the association’s members in the Rockhampton region.
“The association was always of the view that the accommodation use of Kershaw Gardens went beyond the ordinary use of a park,” Ms Weston said. “The fact that the accommodation offered was provided free of charge was detrimentally impacting the business of our members; in light of the continuation of this unlawful development and in the interest of our members, including local caravan park operators, we were left with little alternative but to take legal action.”

The ruling has been met with concern by the Australian Caravan Club. “The ACC absolutely respects the decision of the court but our call is to ensure that RV travellers have a freedom of choice in options available to stay in Queensland destinations,” club chairman Craig Humphrey said.

Among the club’s concerns, which it raised with the Queensland government prior to the ruling, was “the inability of many caravan parks to cater for bigger rigs and fifth wheelers”, and “issues with fatigue management if there’s nowhere for RV travellers to pull up and accessing caravan parks at certain times of the year can be difficult”.

The court has given Rockhampton Regional Council until February 15 2019 to stop camping at Kershaw Gardens. The council must also remove all associated signage.
- Powercurve.com.au
Boost Control by Digibooster - Domestic Violence Has No Excuse.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-11-2018, 08:24 PM

Thanked 1,127 Times in 734 Posts
Garage

This is causing quite a bit of negative publicity for Rocky at the moment. Our mayor is pretty tough and won't like getting told what to do by the "Caravan park Ass". I suspect she will launch an appeal and or change the zoning as per the judges ruling. She certainly won't take a backwards step. Hope she sticks it to em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
CC Ultimate Intercooler
Fatz 4 Inch Snorkel & Air Box
Festers Flash Inlet Plenum
Oz is now FLAT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrol dude For This Useful Post:
Foo (23-11-2018), geeyoutoo (22-11-2018)
Old 22-11-2018, 08:29 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrol dude View Post
This is causing quite a bit of negative publicity for Rocky at the moment. Our mayor is pretty tough and won't like getting told what to do by the "Caravan park Ass". I suspect she will launch an appeal and or change the zoning as per the judges ruling. She certainly won't take a backwards step. Hope she sticks it to em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
That is good to hear.
- Powercurve.com.au

Old 23-11-2018, 06:16 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Thanked 6,389 Times in 3,795 Posts

Saw this on another forum. Guess where I’m staying tonight?
2008 GU Wagon. Hybrid. Silver Patrol Member#74. V8 Member # 17. What I'm saying might be profane, but it's also profound.
Old 23-11-2018, 08:54 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgren2 View Post
Saw this on another forum. Guess where I’m staying tonight?

We try to be up there with the best . Good your doing it.
- Powercurve.com.au
Old 23-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Thanked 6,389 Times in 3,795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoutoo View Post
We try to be up there with the best . Good your doing it.
We stopped in, had morning tea and left. Pretty ordinary site, dirt, not level no shade and not much room.
2008 GU Wagon. Hybrid. Silver Patrol Member#74. V8 Member # 17. What I'm saying might be profane, but it's also profound.
Old 23-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Forum Tragic

Thanked 7,610 Times in 4,889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgren2 View Post
We stopped in, had morning tea and left. Pretty ordinary site, dirt, not level no shade and not much room.
Bloody soft whinger! Just because ya have the equivalent to a onsite donga behind ya.

Foo
Old 23-11-2018, 07:35 PM

I guess....after all this....and if I ever venture near Rockhampton...I wont be staying at any of the caravan parks in or around Rocky....but will just keep rollin on.........
Same as with any other place that the robbing caravan parks criticise or take action against the local councils....
Cheers Keith
Old 26-03-2019, 02:26 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoutoo View Post
RV camping at Kershaw Gardens in Rockhampton, Qld, is no longer allowed.
On November 15, the Planning and Environment Court ruled against Rockhampton Regional Council, finding that the use of the site for RV camping was unlawful under the Planning Act.

In late 2017, Caravan Parks Association of Queensland (Caravanning Queensland) launched the proceedings against the council on the basis “that the use of an area known as Kershaw Gardens at Moores Creek Road, Park Avenue, Rockhampton, for free camping was unlawful and constituted a development offence under the Planning Act 2016 (Qld) due to the absence of an effective development permit for the use”.

Caravanning Queensland’s general manager of parks, Michelle Weston, said the decision provided certainty to the association’s members in the Rockhampton region.
“The association was always of the view that the accommodation use of Kershaw Gardens went beyond the ordinary use of a park,” Ms Weston said. “The fact that the accommodation offered was provided free of charge was detrimentally impacting the business of our members; in light of the continuation of this unlawful development and in the interest of our members, including local caravan park operators, we were left with little alternative but to take legal action.”

The ruling has been met with concern by the Australian Caravan Club. “The ACC absolutely respects the decision of the court but our call is to ensure that RV travellers have a freedom of choice in options available to stay in Queensland destinations,” club chairman Craig Humphrey said.

Among the club’s concerns, which it raised with the Queensland government prior to the ruling, was “the inability of many caravan parks to cater for bigger rigs and fifth wheelers”, and “issues with fatigue management if there’s nowhere for RV travellers to pull up and accessing caravan parks at certain times of the year can be difficult”.

The court has given Rockhampton Regional Council until February 15 2019 to stop camping at Kershaw Gardens. The council must also remove all associated signage.
For anyone living up there (save me and others googling it ), has there been any further activity on this?
- Powercurve.com.au