0 We've done so much with so little for so long we're qualified to do anything with 0 - Page 24 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Forums > General Discussion

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Resident Social Democrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray! View Post
What will be really interesting is when the LNP gets their hands on the books and can finally assess the state of the nation. I'll bet there are some nervous Labor ministers.

I wonder if Labor has ordered extra shredders?
Ah YES! The dreaded 'oh God things are worse than looked - we really need to get brutal'. Don't forget they'll need to pay a Lib mate for a 'Commission of Audit' to seal the deal.

Been there done that and to a degree expect it after the Qld experience with the LNP. They'd be brave to do it though for that exact reason - it's expected and beend done before.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Resident Social Democrat

Quote:
How The Age views The Emperor:

How Leftist! I thought you said The Age were ALP apologists?

What next? Balanced reporting from the ABC? Heavens NO! That would make for something NEW on the Australian media landscape!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 31-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Part of the furniture around here

Garage

When the Melbourne Pravda starts mocking The Emperor, then things are really looking bad for Labor. It won't happen with the ABC, as they are pretty much a political arm of Labor, much like the unions.
Old 31-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Forum Tragic

Thanked 3,597 Times in 2,685 Posts
Garage

Rudd is turning into a laugh a minute. In today's Courier-Mail he spoke of Millionaires and Billionaires lining up to get the parental leave payment. I'd sure like to see that queue outside Centrelink. The way the Labor Party is clacking on you'd think that 75 Grand is a King's Ransom. FFS, don't they realise that it is 2013 not 1813.

Oh, and by the way Gee, it's 'hasn't,' normally wouldn't bother but my name appears underneath. Have to preserve some standards.
The Following User Says Thank You to estcove For This Useful Post:
Gasburner (31-08-2013)
Old 31-08-2013, 02:15 PM

Garage

Didn't Penny Wong get paid parental leave? In Labor's vernacular, she's outrageously wealthy.
Old 31-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Forum Tragic

Garage

She must be pulling at least $75,000. It's a wonder the rank and file haven't assassinated her. Goddam rich people.
Old 31-08-2013, 02:41 PM

Garage

A bit of good news; The Emperor is likely to retain his seat. I can't wait to see Labor in opposition with Rudd still in charge, they are going to self-destruct. That is going to be pure gold.
Old 31-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Forum Tragic

Garage

I agree Ray! I wonder how long he'll go on with this 'class warfare' thing (damn hypocrite) we don't need it here in Australia. I'd hate to see gangs of billionaires roaming the streets and beating up poor helpless dolies.
Old 31-08-2013, 03:04 PM
I Am Me and I Love My ZD30

Thanked 10,971 Times in 7,285 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by estcove View Post
Rudd is turning into a laugh a minute. In today's Courier-Mail he spoke of Millionaires and Billionaires lining up to get the parental leave payment. I'd sure like to see that queue outside Centrelink. The way the Labor Party is clacking on you'd think that 75 Grand is a King's Ransom. FFS, don't they realise that it is 2013 not 1813.

Oh, and by the way Gee, it's 'hasn't,' normally wouldn't bother but my name appears underneath. Have to preserve some standards.
Oh! picky picky, it was 3 am and I was in a hurry are you happy now? Mmmmm how did you know it was me anyway? I must be getting predictable , might be time to move on!
- Powercurve.com.au
Boost Control Now by Digibooster - Domestic Violence Has No Excuse.
The Following User Says Thank You to geeyoutoo For This Useful Post:
estcove (31-08-2013)
Old 31-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Forum Tragic

Garage

Gee 3am? I haven't seen that hour for 40 years. Is it still dark then?
Old 31-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I Am Me and I Love My ZD30

Thanked 10,971 Times in 7,285 Posts
Garage

Quote:
I agree Ray! I wonder how long he'll go on with this 'class warfare' thing (damn hypocrite) we don't need it here in Australia. I'd hate to see gangs of billionaires roaming the streets and beating up poor helpless dolies.
This was exactly what Obama's crowd did when I was working there in the run up to the last election. The Dems went all out for class warfare, it worked for them to an extent then the Repubs shot themselves in the foot to put it beyond doubt, hopefully that is what Krudd is doing, shooting himself in the foot I mean .
- Powercurve.com.au
Boost Control Now by Digibooster - Domestic Violence Has No Excuse.
Old 31-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Quote:
She must be pulling at least $75,000. It's a wonder the rank and file haven't assassinated her. Goddam rich people.
I did a bit of thinking about this the other day, isn't minimum wage something like 38k a year so half of that would be 19k yes, and the tax free thresh hold is 18k so if you dropped to minimum wage then you would pay little to no tax on that.

But if you got your full wage for 6 months then you would still be paying income tax and be able to spend money generating GST, so that would seem to be the better system anyway.

Lunacy Unanimous Club #5
Toyota recovery crew member # 5

Old 31-08-2013, 04:01 PM

Garage

The only reason Labor are fighting the paid parental scheme is because they didn't think of it first and they hope they can get political points by making it a class issue. And, as I pointed out earlier, every female Commonwealth employee (and in at least some cases, the male spouse), which includes Defence etc as well as taxpayer funded employers such as the ABC is entitled to such leave.

Is Labor saying that a properly funded scheme that gives everyone the same opportunity (equality) as public servants, is a just a rich woman's rort? If it's OK for government employees and politicians, why isn't it OK for working women?
Old 31-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Resident Social Democrat

Quote:
Rudd is turning into a laugh a minute. In today's Courier-Mail he spoke of Millionaires and Billionaires lining up to get the parental leave payment.
With THAT I agree. Way too much hyperbole in that statement. And he doesn't STOP saying it FFS!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Old 31-08-2013, 07:01 PM

Garage

The Emperor hugs a seven year old girl, with the same surname, at a Darwin market:

The seven year old girl surprisingly happens to be the daughter of the NT Labor Opposition’s chief of staff.

The Emperor ignores a wheelchair bound woman who doesn't share the same surname:

Who surprisingly happens to disagree with his policies.
Old 31-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Resident Social Democrat

Who would have thought?

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/federa...830-2sw8l.html

Old 31-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Forum Tragic

Thanked 9,920 Times in 6,327 Posts

Election PAD
Old 31-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Forum Tragic

Garage

Update. Bookies odds tonight: Coalition $1.01, Labor $15.00. I didn't think it could get much worse than it was ... but it has.

Australian Politics Federal Election Winning Party Betting Odds | Politics and Election Betting
Old 31-08-2013, 07:23 PM

Garage

Perhaps these graphs may explain things a bit better (from the report). It just seems to cost more year after year, no matter how much you earn (watch out everyone, BBM has a loaded gun and if anyone moves, he's going to shoot himself in the foot):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cost.JPG (41.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg cost1.JPG (39.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 31-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Resident Social Democrat

Quote:
Perhaps these graphs may explain things a bit better (from the report). It just seems to cost more year after year, no matter how much you earn (watch out everyone, BBM has a loaded gun and if anyone moves, he's going to shoot himself in the foot):
And your point? I'm not seeing anything mind blowing??