0 We've done so much with so little for so long we're qualified to do anything with 0 - Page 25 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Forums > General Discussion

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Part of the furniture around here

Garage

Only in a Labor world, can increasing cost of living be seen as a good thing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Resident Social Democrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray! View Post
Only in a Labor world, can increasing cost of living be seen as a good thing.
Did you miss the measure of disposable income? You obviously did................
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM

Garage

So income goes up and cost of living goes up, no one can get ahead. Ah, that's what Labor means by equality.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Resident Social Democrat

Ignoring the ignorance and irrlelvance of the previous comment, bless us with the course the Libs will traverse to change that trend?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 AM

Garage

Oh, oh!

Quote:
No vision or inspiration, so who do you trust to govern?

Ultimately, in the absence of policies and detailed economic information, voter decisiveness will depend on one issue: trust. One of Mr Abbott's most potent lines at the Coalition's campaign launch was: ''If the people who've worked with Mr Rudd don't trust him, why should you?''

Mr Abbott, it must be said, has led a united, disciplined team for three years. It has been a formidable opposition. ...we say the Coalition deserves to win.
No vision or inspiration, so who do you trust to govern?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Forum Tragic

Thanked 3,595 Times in 2,684 Posts
Garage

I think it's a case of: 'bad governments get voted out.' Labor has been a mess and an embarrassment all the time it has been in. The electors just want them to go away and shut up.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
GHMBC #3

how could anyone trust a political party to govern us that can't govern themselves.I would like to know why labour should be trusted-you can only go on the past performance, not the future promises.and before anyone jumps up and down we all know most if not all political leaders/members never follow through with all their promises but ffs we need a new party in power.never been a labour voter but Kevin Rudd should never have been removed unless he was voted out.we the public voted him in and some union thuggery removed him-no fair go there for the p.m so what chance do the rest of us have from a union influenced labour government
Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM
I Am Me and I Love My ZD30

Thanked 10,947 Times in 7,276 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredgq View Post
how could anyone trust a political party to govern us that can't govern themselves.I would like to know why labour should be trusted-you can only go on the past performance, not the future promises.and before anyone jumps up and down we all know most if not all political leaders/members never follow through with all their promises but ffs we need a new party in power.never been a labour voter but Kevin Rudd should never have been removed unless he was voted out.we the public voted him in and some union thuggery removed him-no fair go there for the p.m so what chance do the rest of us have from a union influenced labour government
The reference to Voting in a PM has some merit in some ways, we like to think we have that power but in reality we don't, we are not Americans, we don't have their system of Government, we have the Westminster system, we vote the party in, the party decides the leader, mostly they respect our wishes until it no longer remains viable (which is what happened to Rudd the first time and Gillard the second).

A reporter made the comment this morning that the "helpers" at the Labor policy launch today had T shirts that had KEVIN RUDD written on them in bold letters, to find the party name "labor" you needed to look very very closely. This says it all, Rudd is KING and he wants us all to know it.
- Powercurve.com.au
Boost Control Now by Digibooster - Domestic Violence Has No Excuse.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:54 PM

Garage

Poor Clementine Ford:

Quote:
If weeping over your own life seems about as probable as Tony Abbott’s head exploding and revealing the litter of feral cats left in charge of his neurological faculties, there are other options.

They are called Hollywood Movies.

Mind you, all of this will be pretty much null and void come September 7 and all the joy and happiness is sucked out of the world into the black hole that is the Coalition’s moral centre.

Why, just the thought of it makes me want to weep.
Five films that will have your heart ripped open

Cry me a river, oh my darling Clementine.

You can follow Clementine on twitter, but then she'll probably accuse you of stalking.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I Am Me and I Love My ZD30

Thanked 10,947 Times in 7,276 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Poor Clementine Ford:

Five films that will have your heart ripped open

Cry me a river, oh my darling Clementine.

You can follow Clementine on twitter, but then she'll probably accuse you of stalking.
They walk among us Ray!
- Powercurve.com.au
Boost Control Now by Digibooster - Domestic Violence Has No Excuse.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:03 PM

Garage

The Emperor provides super-agencies:

Quote:
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has vowed tax breaks for small business, extra help for apprentices and the creation of a new jobs-and-training super agency in a major election pitch less than a week out from polling day.
The Emperor takes over private enterprise:

Quote:
And he targeted the resources industry over using local suppliers, promising to force all projects worth $300 million or more to adopt Australian Industry Participation Plans - a measure he said would generate up to $624 million in extra work for local firms each year.
The Emperor resumes control over states:

Quote:
Under his threat to the states, Mr Rudd said Labor would force statement governments to maintain and grow their TAFE funding in the wake of Victorian cuts in particular. If states refused, he would move to fund TAFEs directly from Commonwealth money, he said.
The Emperor is acknowledged for doing many, many, many things:

Quote:
Mr Rudd admitted Labor had made mistakes but quoted an Adelaide migrant who he said told him recently, ''Kevin, the only blokes who never made mistakes are those blokes who never do anything.''
Kevin Rudd focuses on economy and jobs in 'fight' of his life
Old 02-09-2013, 04:07 AM
Resident Social Democrat

What would this bloke know?

http://m.smh.com.au/comment/australi...901-2sytb.html

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 AM

Garage

Exactly. What would he know?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:04 AM

Garage

That was quick:

Quote:
The latest Newspoll survey..showed the Opposition Leader in front of Mr Rudd as the nation's preferred prime minister - 43 per cent to 41 per cent - after Mr Abbott's support rose three points and Mr Rudd's fell three points.

It is the first time Mr Abbott has edged out Mr Rudd as preferred prime minister since they first went head-to-head, in December 2009. It is a 24-point turnaround since the peak of Mr Rudd's support on his return in the first week of July, when he was preferred by 53 per cent of voters to Mr Abbott's 31 per cent.
Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
Old 02-09-2013, 07:33 AM

Garage

Promise:

Quote:
And he targeted the resources industry over using local suppliers, promising to force all projects worth $300 million or more to adopt Australian Industry Participation Plans - a measure he said would generate up to $624 million in extra work for local firms each year.
Reality:

Quote:
Swedish engineering multinational and major NBN contractor Ericsson sent work on the broadband project offshore to China for about one month last year and is now sending work to India, Fairfax Media can reveal.

The Ericsson work being sent offshore to India concerns integration work on the fixed-wireless part of the network while the work sent to China concerned radiofrequency design.

Where possible, Mr Husic said, NBN Co sought “local content and sourcing arrangements in all its major contracts, particularly where there is known local supply capacity or the potential to promote additional local production”.

“Over half of all contracts awarded – 57 per cent – contain Australian content," he said.
NBN contract work sent 'offshore'

How much Australian content?

And it looks like the Indians and Chinese know more about technology that we do.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Forum Tragic

Send a message via MSN to BeNos

Quote:
Promise:

Reality:

NBN contract work sent 'offshore'

How much Australian content?

And it looks like the Indians and Chinese know more about technology that we do.
How is that relevant? Rudd has been in for a month with the idea to keep jobs in oz and work was sent off shore last year? Time frame just doesn't add up here

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
www.revolutionforklifts.com.au
Old 02-09-2013, 09:08 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNos View Post
How is that relevant? Rudd has been in for a month with the idea to keep jobs in oz and work was sent off shore last year? Time frame just doesn't add up here

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
There is already a policy in place that mandates that major government projects must demonstrate that Australian industry has been given the opportunity and that it contributes to these major projects wherever there is Australian capability and capacity to do so. If only 57% of the NBN 'contains' Australian content/input (and that's probably those digging holes), in a project that is controlled by the government, it then seems ironic/implausible that the government thinks that it can dictate to private industry and pretend that it will generate hundreds of millions of dollars worth of extra work.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Forum Tragic

Garage

Bookies odds this morning: Coalition $1.01, Labor $17.00. Time for Rudd to join the Pants family and change his first name to 'Shatma.'
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Forum Tragic

Garage

Interestingly too, in Lilley (Swan's seat) the bookies have them neck and neck at $1.85.

Rudd is comfortably ahead in Griffith, for today anyhow.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Forum Tragic

Garage

Got this in an email this morning. Sounds like crap to me. Anybody know?

“Ever wondered why the 14th September was originally chosen for the election date?

For a PM to be eligible for a full parliamentary pension and many ongoing benefits of that office,

they must have served a full 3 years in the position of PM of a government that runs its full term.

The full term will be up on the 13th September, the day before the proposed election date,

so Julia Gillard would have been entitled to the full pension and extras. By calling the election on the 7th September,

the government will run for 6 days short of a full term and Julia will now get approximately 2/3 of that pension and she will lose many of the ‘extras’. There are those in Canberra say that this is KR’s final revenge.”