0 We've done so much with so little for so long we're qualified to do anything with 0 - Page 28 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Forums > General Discussion

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrawni View Post
No because in Aus company B see's that company A is charging X and see's more profit by matching that cost, so we all pay the same anyway.
Possibly, thats what I pointed out as one of the options - lower your own emissions bit make more money. In that case the stock market should favor company A since it pays higjer dividends etc.

Same end result - the players with lower emissions are more profitable and stay in business longer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretz View Post
Possibly, thats what I pointed out as one of the options - lower your own emissions bit make more money. In that case the stock market should favor company A since it pays higjer dividends etc.

Same end result - the players with lower emissions are more profitable and stay in business longer.
But the more profit you make the more tax you pay, so rather than imposing another tax to try to make you cut emissions, which is only passed on to the consumer, why not give incentives in tax breaks to lower your emissions thus meaning everybody wins.

Lunacy Unanimous Club #5
Toyota recovery crew member # 5

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:52 AM
I Am Me and I Love My ZD30

Thanked 10,971 Times in 7,285 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrawni View Post
But the more profit you make the more tax you pay, so rather than imposing another tax to try to make you cut emissions, which is only passed on to the consumer, why not give incentives in tax breaks to lower your emissions thus meaning everybody wins.
I'm a reformed Laborite and I'm doing my bit to help Tony reach his 5% emissions cut by 2020, I generated 22.5kwh yesterday (well not me personally, although the baked bean snack for lunch was working quite well).
- Powercurve.com.au
Boost Control Now by Digibooster - Domestic Violence Has No Excuse.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Forum Tragic

Thanked 3,597 Times in 2,685 Posts
Garage

Have you noticed that the political pundits have decided that the election is now a foregone conclusion, the Coalition has it in the bag. They are now talking about what happens after Labor has lost and what might happen in places like the Senate, and what will happen to Rudd and the remains of the Labor Party. It's pretty conclusive I'd say.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Part of the furniture around here

Garage

Fairfax conducted and interview with Tony Abbott. This I think is pretty important and something that is true to Abbott's beliefs:

Quote:
"The challenge for every government is to keep faith with the people and one of the reasons why I have not, and will not, satisfy the harder-line people in the business world is because whatever the 'economic merits' of certain policies might be, any national leader worth his salt has got to be conscious of the importance of bringing the vast majority of people with you.

"And the vast majority of people includes a lot of people who are not normally going to be the winners in anything, which smacks of the survival of the fittest. We've got to be very careful about that. That's why one of the lines that I used in my policy launch was to the effect that, sure we've got to reward people who have a go but we can't leave anyone behind.

"It's very important that we are a government that is conscious of the vulnerable and those who are doing it tough as well as trying to ensure that the people who have a go, get a fair go."
Approaching the summit
Old 04-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Rogue

Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,557 Posts
Garage

I certainly wouldn't say the election is in the bag for LNP. The Australian public are daft enough to change their minds sporadically.

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 PM

Garage

Never a truer word said:

Quote:
NINO Barbaro dropped to one knee, almost in worship of Tony Abbott.

"Are you the man? We need you to fix this country up. Are you the man?" the Sydney Markets egg seller asked.

"Yes mate," came the reply, and reassured, Nino planted a big kiss on a surprised Mr Abbott's forehead.

"I wish he fix this country up ... he's the man to fix," Mr Barbaro told reporters afterwards.

And his message for the current PM?

"Kevin Rudd, piss off!" he said.
Abbott mobbed during Sydney market visit | News.com.au
Old 04-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Forum Tragic

Garage

When the tide turns in politics it can be hard and fast. Go the Rabbit!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:23 PM

Garage

Another good read:

Quote:
Even Vietnamese-born nurses' aid Thi Nhunz Bui, 55, who was handing out yellow "Vote 4 Kevin" balloons at Kangaroo Point at 6am this week admitted there was hostility towards Rudd.

"People say 'I hate him'," she said.

"I hate him too, but I say give him another chance. One more term, because he didn't have enough time. "
No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Yes, Kevin has never had enough time.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:46 PM

Garage

Where the worry is for me is the swinging voter (and there are lots of them everywhere) who still hasn't made up their mind on Saturday morning, or the empathiser who thinks I don't want this to be a landslide and go into a booth thinking Libs will win anyway I'll vote the other way so they don't have too big a majority, it happens.

Most forget Abbot will have a hostile senate for almost a year and that, as Don Chipp would say, "will keep the bastards honest".

I've got to be honest, I could almost handle a Labor victory as long as Krudd, Swann, Burke and Wong lost their seats..... Hey that's catchy there could be a song in that??????
- Powercurve.com.au
Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 PM

Garage

I think the above happened with Kennett; people thought he was shoe in and many decided to balance the odds and it ended up going to Labor. After the election, a lot of people asked 'WTF happened?', not realising they happened.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Resident Social Democrat

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics...904-2t4i3.html

God help us if this is the calibre of the Libs MHR's.

At least Tony thinks she has sex appeal.......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-09-2013, 05:09 PM

Garage

She's only a candidate, not a professional with a portfolio like:

Craig Emerson Creates Song and Dance Over Australian Carbon Tax - YouTube
Old 04-09-2013, 05:18 PM

Garage

Just received this, off course it's totally offensive and politically incorrect to the extreme.......... I can only apologise in advance:

Dear friends;

There is less than a week until election day when the people will decide who will be the next Prime Minister of Australia.

The person elected will be the Prime Minister of all Australians, not just the Liberals or Labor. It's time that we all came together, Liberals and Laborites alike, in a bi-partisan effort for Australia .

If you support Tony Abbot, please drive with your headlights
ON during the day.

If you support Kevin Rudd, please drive with your headlights OFF at night.

Together, we can make it happen.

Thank you!
- Powercurve.com.au
Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 PM

Garage

This is OK:

Quote:

"We are extremely grateful to our IVF service and staff, and to our donor, for giving us the opportunity to raise a child together," Senator Wong said.

The senator, who drove a hard-fought change to the ALP's platform on gay marriage earlier this month, is now expected to take some time off after Prime Minister Julia Gillard sent her congratulations.

"The PM's given me a bit of leave so I'm going to take time off and hopefully we can get the important things in life, like feeding and nappy changing and sleeping, under control," Senator Wong said.
Penny Wong, partner welcome baby - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

This is not OK:

Quote:

Finance Minister Senator Penny Wong said the Coalition would make ''savage cuts'' to the budget to fund the scheme, which Labor says is elitist and unfair.
Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme to begin July 2015

Fcuking hypocrites.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:29 PM

Um, how is that hypocritical? Is Ms Wong on Abbotts scheme ahead of time?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM

Garage

Wong is on public service benefits, but doesn't want those not in the public service to have similar benefits. Notice the problem?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 PM

The public service has 6 months off at full wage???
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 PM

FYI Labor have not said parental leave is elitist, they have said paying the well off significantly more than poorer mothers is elitist. Make sense now, or are we in Ray World still?
The Following User Says Thank You to ferretz For This Useful Post:
DB-101 (04-09-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Forum Tragic

Garage

Well ferretz. Where would you like to see the cut-off? 20K, 50K, 100K? Remember that this will be available to all working women, most by far, will not be getting 150K. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Can you show me what is wrong with it?