3.0 GU will not start - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Model Forums > Nissan Patrol GU/GR Y61

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-2019, 05:02 AM

Default 3.0 GU will not start

Hi Guys new member with a real head scratcher, Car was running fine, i noticed that the dash lights had gone out and did not think anything of it until the next day when i tried to start it.
Car cranks but is not getting fuel?
NATS light is on continuously on the dash?
I hoped that it may have been the key so i sent it away and apparently it checks out and is not at fault.
I live on the Isle of Skye so getting it to the dealer is out of the question really.
I did call the Nissan dealer in Inverness who put me through to the workshop foreman,to be honest he did not fill me with confidence.
Any pointers appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-06-2019, 04:06 PM

What dash lights are out?
Old 15-06-2019, 02:00 AM

Dash illumination lights are out dash not lit up.
That was the first thing i noticed so thought that it may well have something to do with the problem, i am not bothered at all about an alarm or immobiliser.Fortunately we still live in a part of the world where you can leave your keys in the ignition.
Lets face it no one is stealing this
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 15-06-2019, 08:31 PM

Lovely part of the world over there.

Sounds like you have elec problem that is noted by the ECU which won't let you start. I once had the Auto Comp fuse go out and it was because the reverse light wired to that circuit fused it.

Check all fuses - pull them all out and check for continuity as a start point. Hope it is as simple as one of those.
Old 15-06-2019, 11:48 PM

Ah if only life was that simple!
I have removed checked and replaced all of the fuses.
I have fitted a new battery i have disconnected the battery and left it for 24 hours.
I have disconnected the battery and connected the positive and negative leads together.
I have pretty much tried everything that i can find with no luck.
If i hadnt spent the money on a new pump last year i would have given up by now, also the car has only done 80,000 miles and was running perfectly.
is it an option with this model to remove the NATS from the back of the pump and access the fuel shut off?
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Are there any fault codes? If your vehicle is a ZD30DI the archives on this forum will show you how to “flash" them out.

NATS can’t be removed from the back of the injector pump like the old TD42TI can be.

I have heard it can be removed from the ECU by some tuners but you will need to send your ECU to them.

If your problem is a NATS problem as you believe and given that you have had your key tested it, will more then likely be a faulty “NATS IMMU” this is the antenna mounted around the ignition switch the reads the chip in your key.

You can replace the NATS IMMU unit yourself. It doesn’t require any programming and can easily be purchased online from companies such as https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM

Well I was hoping for you for it to be simple to find.

Next idea = had a Ford once and starter motor would not go at all - pretty sudden to like you are describing. After replacing starter motor with new starter same problem??????????? Turned out it was a small dollar item in a relay meant to kick in another circuit. So my next suggestion is check relays particularly any that feed the power supply to the lights that are out. Like I say ECU will not let you start if it sees a circuit down. Unfortunately that means going to a circuit diagram and beginning the search. The good news is you can begin to define what is wrong and finally target the component causing your issues.

So you need a circuit diagram, multimeter, spare known good relays, lots of patience and pen and paper to make notes sequentially so you don't second guess yourself if you have checked something.

Good luck.
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
I Am Me and I Love My ZD30

Thanked 11,170 Times in 7,387 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmack1805 View Post
Hi Guys new member with a real head scratcher, Car was running fine, i noticed that the dash lights had gone out and did not think anything of it until the next day when i tried to start it.
Car cranks but is not getting fuel?
NATS light is on continuously on the dash?
I hoped that it may have been the key so i sent it away and apparently it checks out and is not at fault.
I live on the Isle of Skye so getting it to the dealer is out of the question really.
I did call the Nissan dealer in Inverness who put me through to the workshop foreman,to be honest he did not fill me with confidence.
Any pointers appreciated.
As Yendor suggests you need to extract any fault codes, these can be found in the DI archives as well as how to read them, which is in The Bible download, once you have read them, I would delete them and have another go at starting and see what code(s) come back, this should set a picture of what is happening.
- Powercurve.com.au
Boost Control by Digibooster - Domestic Violence Has No Excuse.