Air bag recalls - Part 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Model Forums > Nissan Patrol GU/GR Y61

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2019, 01:49 PM

Default Air bag recalls - Part 2

Nissan NZ are recalling some vehicles (my Urvan) which have already been recalled once, and had air bag inflators replaced, because apparently the already replaced inflators have the same problem as the originals.

This will be the 7th recall for my vehicle in 5 years - fuel pump, alternator, diff, ABS, wheel bearings/front hubs and air bags twice.

Good on Nissan for being so conscientious. Presumably they will earn back recall costs from higher parts prices in future.

In hindsight, would they have been better off buying back affected vehicles?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2019, 02:26 PM
I Am Me and I Love My ZD30

Thanked 10,934 Times in 7,269 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZUrvan View Post
Nissan NZ are recalling some vehicles (my Urvan) which have already been recalled once, and had air bag inflators replaced, because apparently the already replaced inflators have the same problem as the originals.

This will be the 7th recall for my vehicle in 5 years - fuel pump, alternator, diff, ABS, wheel bearings/front hubs and air bags twice.

Good on Nissan for being so conscientious. Presumably they will earn back recall costs from higher parts prices in future.

In hindsight, would they have been better off buying back affected vehicles?
This was publicised in the original sticky thread, it was always known there were not enough airbags to go around the entire world, the US alone required something like 40,000,000 so it was known right from the start that airbags that had exceeded their 'life span' would be replaced with airbags that would require replacement again down the road until the issue was fully solved.

Sorry to hear about the rest of it.
- Powercurve.com.au
Boost Control Now by Digibooster - Domestic Violence Has No Excuse.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!