WTB Thomas PTO complete setup to suit 5 speed box - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Model Forums > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK 160/260 series

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Default WTB Thomas PTO complete setup to suit 5 speed box

Long shot obviously but if there's one out there, I want it! located VIC willing to freight if price is right, Cheers fellas.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-01-2019, 08:20 PM

Garage

Artnoon,I have a POWAUTO,made in Brisy off a GQ,in virtually new cond,but I'm in W.A.[Listed

it on gumtree today] look at WINCH PTO Y60 GQ FOR PICS

Don't know if it will fit your trans,maybe someone on here knows.

Cheers,G.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-02-2019, 10:01 AM

Unfortunately that one wont fit my trans theyre rather specific to models. One im after mounts on rear of gbox

Old 14-03-2019, 08:56 PM

The pain of the thomas pto setup is that you have to change the rear gear in the back of the gearbox to fit the pto, which I am not sure how easy or if it is even possible without taking the gearbox out of the car as removing the split pin might be difficult without access through the top cover. You would most likely have to take your gear out of your gearbox and get it machined as most sold are missing the modified gear as people who remove them don't want to take the gearbox to remove it or bought the car with it setup and don't know the gear was modified. A factory one would be easier but are even harder to find.

Last edited by mojodownunder; 14-03-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 15-03-2019, 09:21 AM

Ah yes but the benifit of a thomas is the ridiculous amount of rope you can chuck on the drum in comparison to others while still having good pulling power, something i simply wouldnt be able to achieve with a high mount i did my research hence why i was after a thomas in specific over the factory, that and they simply look better. Managed to find a full setup couple weeks back now reasonably close to home! Owner was unaware of the cog in the gearbox but so hes still got that but more then happy to swap them over if i know what needs to be done. So ive done the research had a look in my box confident it can be done without pulling gearbox out just have to be careful to not drop that split pin only hastle now is hes unsure if his is pre 86 or not so different size shaft, worse comes to can still get the cog chuck a spacer on his and slap my stuff in and machine 6mm of my gear and itll be all good, in theory anyway