MUST SEE!!! 8.5" STEDI Type-X Pro OFFROAD LED in my 2012 Infiniti QX56 grill - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Model Forums > Nissan Y62 Patrol, Armada & Infiniti QX80

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-2019, 02:42 AM

Default MUST SEE!!! 8.5" STEDI Type-X Pro OFFROAD LED in my 2012 Infiniti QX56 grill

I posted this my thread on clubarmada and wanted to share it here because I really like the outcome. Y62 owners in Australia do mod their vehicles a lot more than people in the US would. So, I am sharing this thread to maybe give some more ideas to some companies that may develop something similar or better in Australia for the Y62.

I live in the US. I bought the STEDI Type-X Pro LED driving lights from Australia. I have installed it and truly love the aggressive look of my suv now.

Here is a link to the pictures of the led I bought...

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/21...ton-tx-62.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-2019, 02:44 AM

I just picked up the car. I must say I LOVE IT!!! These guys amazed me. This is NOT what I went to their shop to ask them to do.

What I wanted them to do was to make a bracket for me to install these lights infront of my bumper. But they gave me this suggestion which took me a while to comprehend. They cut my grill out and sprayed it with bedliner and installed these lights on my chassis. I was not too sure how it would come out and they told me I as crazy to want to do this and they truly asked me more than once if I really wanted this. I said yes. I love what they did.

You tell me what you think.

This is the light I bought. All the way from Australia.

Give me a few. I do have pictures to share. I mean, A LOT of pictures I just took when picking up the car. I will share about 20 of them. Give me a few. Pics coming. Trust me. I would love to hear what you think of the outcome. For me, I LOVE IT!!!

https://www.stedi.com.au/type-x-pro-...ng-lights.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 18-05-2019, 02:46 AM

This is what I bought from Australia. It took 3 business days to reach my address.

And this is the shop damaging my grill before fixing it up. They did a really good job.

Old 18-05-2019, 02:47 AM

And this is final product!!! I really like it, if you may ask. Feel free to let me know what you think.

I have 2 covers for it. This STEDI covers or the Smiley face covers below. Or I drive with them with no covers on like above.

Lights turned on. The day cannot do it justice. I have to experience it at night myself to know for sure. But all the Australians running this light have nothing but awesomeness to say about it. That it is crazy bright and has a long distance. Besides, this is the company's most expensive and most advanced light that they are selling on their website.
Old 18-05-2019, 02:48 AM

And this is the switch. I bought the switch from Ebay and it fits in one of the spots and have a OEM look. I can turn on and off the lights with this switch any time regardless of if my car is in or not.

Old 18-05-2019, 02:50 AM

Old 18-05-2019, 02:51 AM

My grill sprayed with bedliner

Old 18-05-2019, 02:54 AM

I went with my old and faithful Maxima to pickup my QX.

These guys do great custom work. They really impressed me. And cost was fair to me because before I came here I had already drove to a few places and had quotes for this job.

I never met someone who could do both for me; install the lights and wire them. So, I had quotes from different people who could put the lights for me. And different quotes from different people who could wire the lights for me and turn them on.

So, I was really happy when I remembered this company and when I came here they could do both a d even charged me a cumulative total less than what I could have paid if I had done it at 2 places as I had in mind.

And this job looks OEM to me. Great work!

They have a brand new Ford in their shop that they are working on. I asked if I could take pics and he said feel free. And here is what they are currently working on. The owner actually does most of the work.

Can you imagine he told me that at one point after making the holes for the lights they said they got confused and told themselves that they will just keep on going and figure out as they go.

This is a hunting truck they are building on a brand new truck. It seems the customer is out of state. When they are done building it, they are shipping it to its destination.

I give them 10/10 on the work done on my car and my personal experience with them.

And that is it. Enjoy guys! Feel free to ask any questions.

Old 18-05-2019, 02:55 AM

Turned these 2 led lights alone at night and they light up far and wide more than my low bea.s and fogs combined.

Then turned them all together and that truly light up the road!!! Then when I turned the 2 offroad lights off, the low beams and fogs suddenly seemed way too inadequate to light up the road. It felt like I could not see anything.

No car came across from me when I was testing this thing, but I can guarantee it will bling oncoming traffic. That is why these are best offroad and if driving alone on some backroad where one needs their high beam. You can supplement your high beams with these led driving lights and turn the night into day.

I will find some time to go test these lights somewhere esle.