First addition completed today with some recovery points added to the front chassis. Got them off Ebay made by rockarmour and rated to 5000kgs. I'll let yas know how they go when I use them for the first time.
Next, I ordered these seat covers online from the wetseat, a NSW based company.
Only complaint is they took a while to reach me, but they were closed over Christmas and did say that on ordering, so it wasn't too much of a surprise.
They're a neoprene material and feel nice to sit on. They fit very snugly which is what ya want but take a good bit of elbow grease to manoeuvre onto the seats.
They offer covers for all 3 rows, headrest and a console cover as well, however I opted not to get the third row as they'll eventually be taken out anyway and are rarely used now.
The only area I see that will collect a bit of crap over time is the seat belt buckle cut outs in the second row. Perhaps a grommet of some sort could be used to push the buckles through that would protect too much gunk finding it's way down in those areas...
Next up, we've succumbed to the Kings phenomenon and bought a set of Titan drawers this weekend with the opening of their Malaga store.
Easy enough to install; just removed the third row seats and utilised the latch bolts in the floor as the front anchor for the drawers and the hooks for the rear anchor. A trip to Bunnings was required for some longer bolts. Simple tools only required: allen keys, sockets, and wrench.
Still need to install the wings to the outsides of the drawers to finish off the set.
They weigh about 80kgs so definitely add a bit to the rear end. Upgraded suspension, you say?
Also invested in the Engel Eclipse 40L fridge as well. Dual battery set up next...
Finally got around to adding the wings to the rear drawer set up.
Easy job and finishes the drawers off nicely, I think. I've ended up losing the little compartment on the right which housed the bottle jack, tire iron, and wheel chock, as the wings make that unusable. Thankfully, there's plenty of space in the drawers for such things.
Another small thing I took care of today was move the whole roof rack back about 8 inches. Again, very simple task requiring only an allen key on the attachment points to the gutter.
This is in preparation for two additions to come in the future...
Been a while since my last addition update. I've had a catch can installed...
And a diesel pre-filter will soon be installed by a shop that owed me a favour.
Today I added these quick fist rubber holders onto the driver side of the roof rack in anticipation of putting a shovel on there as seen in photo. That shovel is just from the garage and I'm looking around for a suitable lightweight yet strong recovery shovel if anyone has a suggestion. Open to ideas... ideally with a shaft diameter (haha 🤣) of about 1.5-2 inches...
Got some rhino rack gutter mount feet off scumtree and attached a piece of 40x40 aluminum box tube to act as the cross member.
Then it was as easy as picking the angle and manoeuvring the roof rack so that it sits just above the roof and attaches to the front of the roof rack by way of p clamps.
Then to attach the panel to the aluminum cross bar I used a U-bolt and some angle to bolt straight into the side of the panel.
I've added some end caps to the aluminum cross bar and also some more nuts with heavy duty loctite to the u-bolts to keep them secure.
The panel is a Kings brand, 160w fixed panel.
Because we've been towing a few vans, testing before we buy, I decided it was worth chucking some airbags in the rear coils to assist in levelling the rig.
An easy enough job to complete on the driveway with basic tools and some determination with crawling under and forcing the bags into the coils.
Definitely notice the difference in handling when towing and the bags are inflated.
Mounted the airlines to the rear just above the plug for the trailer lights. Has come up a treat. And has definitely levelled out the ride
A few more tweaks to the Patrol done in the last few months.
Had to adjust the angle of the solar panel as it was catching the wind and vibrating, hitting the roof and causing quite a racket inside while highway driving.
Added a Thumper Redback battery box with a 120AH SolarKing lithium battery to the rear. Accepts charge both from the alternator and the solar panel on the roof via the attached projecta dcdc charger. Keeps the engel fridge nice and cool.
Added today was the cargo barrier and fire extinguisher.
The barrier was a gumtree special which was missing some brackets so had to improvise and make some up to secure the lower mounts.