Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan gu patrol
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,
I have just installed a brand new 3" king springs and shocks lift kit in my patrol.
I installed the shocks and springs myself but I took it to the mechanic to do the front panhard arm and the castor correction bushings in.
I have just been to get my wheels aligned and the bloke said I have no adjustment to re alighn them at all and he couldn't do it, the car has a slight pull to the right under 60kmph and has a wobble to it aswell.
Was wondering if any one knew what the problem is or has a solution that would be great?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
G'day,
I have just installed a brand new 3" king springs and shocks lift kit in my patrol.
I installed the shocks and springs myself but I took it to the mechanic to do the front panhard arm and the castor correction bushings in.
I have just been to get my wheels aligned and the bloke said I have no adjustment to re alighn them at all and he couldn't do it, the car has a slight pull to the right under 60kmph and has a wobble to it aswell.
Was wondering if any one knew what the problem is or has a solution that would be great?
The only thing a wheel aligner can do easily is toe in and toe out, I have a 3" lift as well and my caster correction bushes, 2 degree from memory, made it spot on. Now, if you have camber issues, that is different and requires fitting offset parts to correct.

Also wheel wobble can be caused by a few things apart from alignment, have a look in the ZD30DI archives as there is some info about this in there.

Did the guy give you a readout of where the numbers are for either side? He should at least do that so you know what is required and what is happening.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts