Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Gu
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all , i have a 07 gu patrol 3l crtd ... i have had car since new and i have clocked up 110k now the car never has been right from the start in my opion , but i have takin it everywhere to have everyone tell me there is no problem ..... f
Problem 1 : Bad fuel economy = 110L gets no more than 680/700 km
2 : blows alot of smoke
3 : lack of power down low

since they have told me there is nothing wrong with it ... i have since add a 3inch exhaust ... and now have installed a power chip

Problem 4: add chip and has done nothing apart from blowing even more smoke

Has anyone got any idea how to takel this problem or have any clue to what fuel figures i should be getting ???

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Have you replaced your MAF sensor, if not I strongly suggest you use the search tool up the top left corner of the website, there is lots of information about MAFs and issues very similar to what your describing.

·
Registered
Nissan Gu
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mate , thanks fo thats i did clean it with mass sensor cleaner but did no diffence , you still think its worth replacing ????

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Hey mate , thanks fo thats i did clean it with mass sensor cleaner but did no diffence , you still think its worth replacing ????
I tried cleaning mine with contact cleaner, windex, just about every nonresidue cleaner I could find and it didn't work, once I replaced it, it was as good as new.

·
Registered
Nissan Gu
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No gauge , I shall have a look into it .... And will defo change sensor ..... Does any have any idea how many km's I should be getting out of full tanks ???? Is 700km normal ??? Thanks

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
No gauge , I shall have a look into it .... And will defo change sensor ..... Does any have any idea how many km's I should be getting out of full tanks ???? Is 700km normal ??? Thanks
I don't know what CRDs are supposed to get, but I get about 800-900km out of the 90L tank on my DI.

·
Registered
Nissan Gu
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
**** , that's crazy!!!! Mine 700 km max from both tanks say 110 L of actual fuel used ... Thats it getting to the bottom of this , can anyone recommend anyone worth takin it to in WA ... Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Hey mate see if you can borrow a maf of someone local just to see if it makes any difference. Alot of people like myself carry a spare one all the time when out of town. I'd lend you mine but mines an 03 DI and you need an CRD one.

FYI i get about 850km from roughly 110L. But mi running 285 MT tyres, 2 inch lift, steel bull bar and winch and a full roof rack when i dont take off. Just out of interest is your EGR blocked?

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
yeah im getting about 750kms from both tanks these days but i have about every heavy option on my patrol and 33's

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
**** , that's crazy!!!! Mine 700 km max from both tanks say 110 L of actual fuel used ... Thats it getting to the bottom of this , can anyone recommend anyone worth takin it to in WA ... Thanks

good luck finding good ppl in wa
we cant even work daylight savings :)
bloody curtins fading
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
4 Posts
hey mate this happened to my olds patrol it turned out to be one of the hoses for the turbo or air intake but not sure which one. it lost all power gradualy till it had to be limped to the closest mech. while in there they found many of the hoses to be leaking oil out so they took the intercooler off and flushed it, the crap that came out was unbelivable. when putting it back together they installed a catch can to pick up the excess oil and stop it going through the system. this also stopped it blowing smoke. hope this helps

·
Registered
Nissan Gu
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
hey guys , thanks for all the reply's .... the car is booked in for the end of the week ... getting new maf .. and new pwr intercooler ... as this one is leaking ...and gunna get them to have a look at blocking the egr... will keep ya's all posted as to the improvements if any ...once again thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts