Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just need some ideas as to what is causing this problem. It has happened 4 times now, the first 2 were about a fortnight apart but it happened twice on Saturday. Basically just driving along andthe engine cuts. With the car still in gear and turning over as in a bump start nothing. The first time it happened I tried to start it again but it just cranked. When I turned the ingition off and then restatred again no problems. The 3 other times were the same, turn the key off and start again similar to a computer reboot. As best as I can work out 3 of the times have been when I was changing down 4th to 3rd.

I'm thinking fuel pump?

It goes to Nissan at the end of the week for them to check for errors etc so we will see if they get anything.

Cheers Watto

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chip has been in since almost day 1. Car has done 50,000km now. So this is the first sign of a problem.

I did try removing the chip today as a test but it barely ran. When you disconnect the chip do you need to attach the connector plug somewhere else or can it be just left unconnected?

·
Registered
116 Posts
i would think that you will have to disconnect the chip where it plugs into the fuel rail and reconnect the factory harness back into the fuel rail and would also remove the chip before taking it to nissan.

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Azza, was thinking about removing the chip to avoid any arguments / excuses at the dealership but on first inspection I cant see where it plugs into the fuel rail (under intercooler shroud etc). I think on the CRD they splice the harness so any dealer with half an idea will know that a chip is normally in use. I will have a better look tomorrow or may just drop by the TJM store who did the install and confirm with them how to go about it.

Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Fuel preasure relive vavle opening up due to the chip over preasure the rail dont stress but nissan wont find anything.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks Azza, was thinking about removing the chip to avoid any arguments / excuses at the dealership but on first inspection I cant see where it plugs into the fuel rail (under intercooler shroud etc). I think on the CRD they splice the harness so any dealer with half an idea will know that a chip is normally in use. I will have a better look tomorrow or may just drop by the TJM store who did the install and confirm with them how to go about it.

Cheers

Very easy to remove the DP but you will need to take the intercooler off so you can see what you're doing, and then just plug the original harness connector back onto the rail connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts