Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys looked at mk shorty for sale its got 450 klms on the clock bit worried it may be at almost be at end of life. it was a non turbo and the guy put a turbo on it 8 mths ago and has 2.5 inch exaust. 2 inch lift and 2 inch body lift and 33's cooper stt's near new, lsd on the back end and lokka up front
He want $5500 . wonderin if this is too much for what is on the car.
In general car seem to be more expensive here in the west than over east.

Thanx Bruza:)

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
If it's been looked after, it's got heaps more life in it.

But I'd say that figure is waaaaay too much. Sold my shorty for $1,500 earlier this year, and that was after a few months of her being listed for $2,500.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts
If it's an MK, then even as an N/A it should have the upgrades that the turbo motor got so a turbo won't worry it at all, it was designed to take one!
Even if it still has the older MQ internals a turbo won't worry it at all as long as you're reasonable.

The SD's are an old school, simple, reliable diesel. If it's been well looked after those kays won't worry it at all.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
If the body has been properly repaired and rust fixed with welded in plate etc, it may be worth it. Otherwise, too expensive IMO.

My mate had an MQ NA with those sort of km's on it. It had a fair bit of blow-by, but kept running. You just gotta change the oil often, to remove all the blow-by buildup in the oil. He lent it to his brother who didnt, and after ~10,000km without an oil change it got a knock.

·
Registered
nissan
257 Posts
There's one for sale over here (Brisbane) fully kitted out with lifts etc. turbo SD33 for $1,500, my dad told me he'd looked at he add. yesterday.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts
N/A - naturally aspirated. Ie: Doesn't have a turbo.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have a 86 mk gl with steel hardtop and 33t but does need a little work which i was going to build up. lift, exaust etc but then i saw this mk with the lift, exaust and front lokka already done but is it worth 5 and a half grand or would it be better to continue withthe gl and build up with new parts.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
My MK has over 660,000 on the clock running a SD33T....and it still hauls arse. Bought it a couple years ago now for 2grand. Came with a 4inch lift, rear diff locks and an old warne winch.....that also still works awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts