Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Where do I go??? I live in Brisbane, and have just picked up a stock 09 Wagon. Lady and I have holidays coming up and want to do something in the truck for a week or 2 but given I won't have modified it at all by my holidays am unsure about where to head that is safe. Dogs need to come because I won't be able to organise sitters for them by then either.

Suggestions???? Thanks all :)

Registered
nissan patrol mk
Mate, good question, one I had about a year and a half ago when we first got our dog too :)

Straddie is amazing for a beach trip, main beach is a beaut in my oppinion!
Land cruiser park allows dogs, but would only be good for a longer weekend trip with more extremity available.
I've also headed outback. I drove out to Nindigully and back with my pooch, was a ripper of a trip :) It's beautiful out there, and there are plenty of places to go and see other things. Fishing too, in the St George area, if you're into that sort of thing.

Then there's granite country, found several camp sites that allowed dogs. We did the 14 crossings at Condamine gorge (starting at Boonah). Actually, we brought the dog into Mt French NP camp ground without any dramas, although I don't believe it's completely allowed...

Then there are a few farm stay type places around too...

Come along to the National Patrol meetup in the Byron Bay hinterland, that's sure to be a hoot, and I'll be bringing my dog for that too :)

Hope this gives you a few ideas, dogs are a great camping companion, but not always so easy to find places which allow them!

Cheers
Martin

Registered
nissan
I second that about straddie, The four of us ( me, wife and two dogs love it there) I dont really fish either and still its a great spot. There is a place in northern NSW called the gorge, never been myself but know people who have and they love it. More bush walking etc. Gordon country just the other side of cunninghams gap is also great.

Registered
nissan
lots of places you can go in an un-modded pootrol...

i took my 99 model 2.8l from the goldcoast to normanton, across the savannah way (kayak fishing) to mataranka, continued to karratha. the truck was stored for while and only 3 weeks ago i drove it back to the gold coast.
while up north the truck went everywhere i pointed it....also had the heavy burden of snatching 2 cruisers out of trouble....and wernt they pissed when i told them it was a lipstick motor patrol saving them....:D

seems to be a trap that you need a heavily modded 4x4 to go anywhere, where really a standard setup with a full recovery kit and good planning will get you nearly everywhere.

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome guys, thanks for that. Will have a look at the parks. We were actually planning a trip to Gordon Country, might make it part of the week. Didn't realise straddie was dog friendly. That's only a stones throw away!

Glad getting most places in stock isn't an issue. Need to save some cash before the lift and tyres ;)

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I've taken the patrol a lot of places now. You're not wrong. They go essentially anywhere you point the nose. Lost traction a few times at hill peaks and in mud but also have highway tires at the moment, clearly not the cars fault. Very happy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts