Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right spot here. I'm trying to install my safari snorkel. It would be fine I think, if I could find the right size hole saw!! Went to three stores this afternoon, no one had the 108mm.

Does anyone happen to have one lying around they'd be happy to lend for a day? I'll throw in a 6 pack to show my gratitude!

Cheers,

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
104 mm from reece plumbing , bimetal. my snorkel hole was cut with tin snips

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Pop over to Perth, got myself a 111mm saw for my latest snorkel upgrade mods. Bought it from Bunnings.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
mask up the area, mark out the hole with marker. Use a very small drill bit and make lots of little holes just inside the marked out circle and then pop out it out. With a fine half moon file just take out the burrs and it be just as good.

Inside hole - engine to fender is the hard bit

·
Registered
nissan
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the responses. Yea I thought about the bigger and smaller hole saws. Guess it doesn't really make a difference if it's a few mm different does it. Will check out trade tools (on Beaudesert road?). Bloody expensive hole tho.

·
Creepy Lurker
nissan
542 Posts
Yeah if that is your closest one. Don't get the most expensive bastard just their brand one should be $20 or under (can't remember exact price but mine wasn't much) and will do fine. It's not like you are going to use it every day.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yeah if that is your closest one. Don't get the most expensive bastard just their brand one should be $20 or under (can't remember exact price but mine wasn't much) and will do fine. It's not like you are going to use it every day.
Like Camo said - buy a cheapie for around $20, it only has to do one good hole, then you can throw it away. I got mine from trade tools direct, the cheapest they had - 104mm.
You can butcher the inner guard hole. There is already a hole there but it's not big enough. I made some cuts an inch apart around the hole perpendicular to the edge and then just folded the edges back with pliers to make a bigger hole.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts