Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
I am waiting for new units to arrive in a few weeks so just putting the feelers out there!
I can get 120amp alternators for Y60 GQ 4.2L Diesel Engines (TD42) if your interested they should be $585inc plus postage
let me know if interested :)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Vacuum pump?

and can you get them for GU?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
some will need vacuum pump, others wont.. but people will ask on options.

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
yeah, i'd be keen if it can do the vac pump on the back.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep this is the model with the vac pump on the back- can get the later one but its only 100amp

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
yep this is the model with the vac pump on the back- can get the later one but its only 100amp
Most Factory TD42 GU ones are 100A too and will fit non vac pump GQ's.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep thats correct sudso 100amp is all thats avalible. i dont think there are any gq TD42's with out the vac pump the deswign changed with gu running a seperate chain drivcen vac pump. so as before these r the units for GQ TD42 ONLY

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Errrrrr

OEX 120amp $$$ a bit over 400 when I last bought from patrol-a-part with vac pump

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
yep thats correct sudso 100amp is all thats avalible. i dont think there are any gq TD42's with out the vac pump the deswign changed with gu running a seperate chain drivcen vac pump. so as before these r the units for GQ TD42 ONLY
GU vac pump is driven off the timing gears, just below the injector pump.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
i am pretty sure the design changed in 96 , so there are a few gq`s with the vac pump under the injector pump

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,918 Posts
4.5lt 110 amp alternator will bolt straight onto GU td42's.

Marty

1 - 20 of 30 Posts