Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 12v socket in my 09 GU is switched (turns off when I turn off the ignition)

Is there a relay that I can bridge to make this socket live at all times? If so then where is it located?

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Yep, it's also known as the auxiliary battery :p

Failing that, if you have only one batt you're probably best off running a separate wire to the battery through a fuse rated that same amperage as what's in your fuse box. Prob 10A or 15A from memory

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which I don't have right now :-( We're still looking at a location to fit one in a 4.8 LHD GU.....the short answer to which is there isn't an immediate solution that doesn't require re-location of other engine bay ancillaries :-(

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Well, there is. But it's not advisable. Physically, you can tap into any constantly live circuit but you run the risk of overloading that circuit which is why I'd suggest running it straight to the battery through a fuse. It'd take 15mins (depending on skill level) to set up.

I don't mean to sound rude but if you know enough to be able to do this job, you should know all this.

Another idea is to buy a 2nd cig lighter socket & hook it up directly to the battery through a fuse. That way you don't need to modify your original wiring harness.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,303 Posts
The relay is mounted in the rear quarter panel near the seat belt tensioner for the middle row seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts