Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}hey guys im currently getting everything together to do my turbo upgrade,i was planning to have it installed by now but i put it on hold for a bit as i bought a 4 core laminova water air intercooler half started and im going to now finishing putting it together get everything i need for it and do the change over of everything at once.

i have a gt2860rs garrett with steel cage upgrade, my question is though,
will this turbo be big enough to produce 140-160kw. ill be building a new big air box and installing it at the same time and then have it all tuned by JPC

i also have diesel gas installed on the car, and run 35s

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}hey guys im currently getting everything together to do my turbo upgrade,i was planning to have it installed by now but i put it on hold for a bit as i bought a 4 core laminova water air intercooler half started and im going to now finishing putting it together get everything i need for it and do the change over of everything at once.

i have a gt2860rs garrett with steel cage upgrade, my question is though,
will this turbo be big enough to produce 140-160kw. ill be building a new big air box and installing it at the same time and then have it all tuned by JPC

i also have diesel gas installed on the car, and run 35s
to be honest not reliably if dd. way outside its efficiency range to make that much power. send it back to jpc and get him to built it into one of his custom units. then it should pretty easy.

·
Registered
nissan
642 Posts
i think you should start looking at your pump,,, dont matter how big the snail is, if you cant give it fuel she aint gonna wanna make power

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I did think it may be too small, that's ok, I'll advertise it and try sell it.
So what size turbo should I be looking for? As for the pump I might have to get some prices from jpc on some mods to it. Anyone know roughly what changing the plungers over would cost? What other mods would need to be done to achieve those figures?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts