Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone to the tyre shop, he recons 15s prob won't fit on the patrol, something about Nissan changed brake size I'n early 2000s somewhere,

Wanting the 15s to go on a 03 and 06 patrol, has any one got them on?

The rims are just sunrasier rims, my mates got em on his 99 gu so maybe thinking these ran the gq brake set up,

Any one got ideas to set me on a straight path???

Cheers Luke

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You COULD do a search, I'm sure this was asked last week.......

If you have a 4.8 petrol, no, 15's wont fit.
If you have any other GU with std brakes, yes they will.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
my mates got em on his 99 gu so maybe take the spare off and try it on my car
Couldnt have said it better myself :)

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
My cousin is running 15 inch rims on the 2.8 he owns, 98 and the 4.5 99.

Would the offset matter much?

What offset are you planning on getting?

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You COULD do a search, I'm sure this was asked last week.......

If you have a 4.8 petrol, no, 15's wont fit.
If you have any other GU with std brakes, yes they will.
Thanks for answering.... And trust did search Maybe would help if the search function would work.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Thanks for answering.... And trust did search Maybe would help if the search function would work.
Search function works fine... I just got 3 pages of hits for "15 rims GU"

Just make sure you use the Forum "Search" function on the Menu Bar not the Google "Search" button up the top.

I recall a post recently from someone who was adamant that 15's of a particular offset wouldn't fit on his GU (which wasn't a 4.8 either) altho there are a heap of trucks out there running 15's no worries.

Best bet is " try before you buy" or at least make sure you have the same Rim Pattern and Offset that someone else is running already if they are rarer style rims.

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Search function works fine... I just got 3 pages of hits for "15 rims GU"

Just make sure you use the Forum "Search" function on the Menu Bar not the Google "Search" button up the top.

I recall a post recently from someone who was adamant that 15's of a particular offset wouldn't fit on his GU (which wasn't a 4.8 either) altho there are a heap of trucks out there running 15's no worries.

Best bet is " try before you buy" or at least make sure you have the same Rim Pattern and Offset that someone else is running already if they are rarer style rims.
Cheers mate, yer I click the search button and nothing happens :|

·
Registered
nissan
46 Posts
I to have interest in this topic. Yes, I have searched all the threads on this topic.
By the sounds of it I can fit 33x12.5x15's on my 99 GU 2.8, but what about the legalities? Will I be driving an unroadworthy vehicle? Will I have to check with my Insurance company about my cover? Load Rating? How can I make sure the 15's will be safe when heading bush with family and camping gear loaded up? This dilema is doing my head in :headwall:. Do I just get them and hope I dont get pulled over, dont have a crash and that they will cope with the load?
Somebody please put me at ease :(.

P.S. They will be a 2nd set of Muddies to go bush with. Have AT's for around town.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I run 33x12.5x15 on my 98 gu. Scrapes at full lock, but aside from that I love em

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I herd I'n Queensland legally u can only lift a vehicle 2 inches either that be 2 inchs more of tyre or suspension or body lift, is Ur choice, but I can't state if that is true, my insurance has my lift covered, it's just has it as raised suspension

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I run 33x12.5x15 on my 98 gu. Scrapes at full lock, but aside from that I love em
Is urs lifted?

I herd the only bad thing about the 15inch rim is that three is not a lot of tolerance between the brakes and rim, so rocks getting jamed is easy and makes for a noisey rife home

I'm heading to bob Jane this arvy to have the rims trial fitted to see how they go, will let you guys know what I decide

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Maddd said:
... my insurance has my lift covered, it's just has it as raised suspension
if its unroadworthy, then you can be on your own. They can use that as a get out of paying.

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the 15 by 8s fit a gu with disc brakes, minimal clearance but still gitnnone the less, put mine on order

1 - 15 of 15 Posts