Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes

My Patrol (see below) is up for its 150,000km service. This is my first Patrol so Im not 100% sure but what thinigs should I be looking at doing for a 4x4 of this age/milage?
I dont want to take it to Nissan because.... I wont even bother explaining.

I recently replaced the intercooler and idler arm/pully and belt. I can do quite a bit myself.
Im planning on:
*dropping both diff oils
*engine oil
*air/fuel filter change
*tranny fluid
*transfer fluid

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Pump some grease into the uni joints and anything else you find thats got a grease nipple with a grease gun. I just did same as you when i did my 100k serivce last month

·
Banned
nissan
261 Posts
When was your coolant changed last? (some like to get radiator flushed about now too)
when were your wheel bearings done?
Checked brakes etc I assume?
somewhere king pin bearings and cv's can use a look too...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nissan recommends major service at 40000km intervals, which make 160000km one of those.
150000 km is only lube service (change oil and oil filter element) and check this and that.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only had the car for the last 10,000kms. Anyone recommend changing the glow plugs? The car is 8 years old with 150,000kms.

Also what oils do you recommend?
Engine: CaltexDelo 400
Front diff:
Rear LSD diff (no locker):
4x4 tranny:
Gearbox (manual):
Coolant:
Other:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have a chat to a few diesel mechs and they will recommend changing the glow plugs at around 100k km's as good insurance. Tip's fall off into engine!
I use Delo 400 and Castrol VMX-80 in the gearbox. Whatever the dealer uses is in the diffs/transfer.

Leroy

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a chat to a few diesel mechs and they will recommend changing the glow plugs at around 100k km's as good insurance. Tip's fall off into engine!
I use Delo 400 and Castrol VMX-80 in the gearbox. Whatever the dealer uses is in the diffs/transfer.

Leroy
Thats what I read in a 4wd mag.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just done these to mine:

Engine: CaltexDelo 400 with oil filter
Front diff: Penrite 80W/90
Rear LSD diff (no locker):
Penrite 140W
4x4 tranny:
Penrite 80W/90