Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Ive done a search found lots of conflicting info so after a yes i have done it and its fine or a no i tried and didnt clear brakes.

Can you fit a 15 inch rim on an 08 3.0 GU?

Just got a price on some 16s and had a heart attack

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
177 Posts
I have a friend with an 07, he rund 35's on 15's, with no problems

Most tyre shops would have a 15 in stock for you the try

·
Registered
407 Posts
From what I've heard 15's will fit, but you may have an issue with overheating brakes. Some ppl will experience over heating, others won't - hence the conflicting info. I guess it depends on the climate you live in, and how hard you are on the brakes.

Sorry I don't have first hand experience, but hopefully helps you either way.

Cheers

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
It depends very much on the exact rim, all rims have different profile / wall thickness. Some touch the brakes, so clean them by a bee's dick.

I even had 15's on my 4.8 GU with the larger brakes. Cleared the calipers by about 6mm, again, perfect rim profile / shape / offset.

16's are a much better option, tyres heaps stronger, higher load ratings etc.

·
Registered
nissan
528 Posts
16's are easier to keep balanced and seems that 285/75/16 is becoming the most common sized tyre? More space around callipers is better especially in the mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol 3.0Td
29 Posts
i believe all 3.0 models run similar if not same caliper setup... in saying so...

Do u want steelies or alloys? Steelies comes down to the offset choice, 15x8 -22 will fit guaranteed! but will stick out like 2 inchs when tires are mounted on, well for my 35's it does

If u use a -10 i believe they will sit flush with the flares/guards as the factory nissan steelies are 16x8 -10 wheels

15x8 zero offset will not fit, caliper fouls on the inside of the rim barrel

If ur opting alloys, than it really comes down to the barrel an caliper design, trial an error i guess

Beware of cheap steelies that are non-branded... they are often harder to balance an cause all sorts of balancing issues, stick to known brands like king wheels an pro comp or so

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4 wagon
392 Posts
I thought the factory Nissan steel wheels are +10 offset, meaning they are further into the guards.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just remember that a 15" wheel and tyre doesn't have the required load rating for a GU only 16s do.
Otherwise I would of put my Bathurst Globes on my GU.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts