Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gurus,

Not sure if anyone else has tried to fit a 16G (mine is one of Matt's/UFI finest) into a GU with the factory rear AC fitted?

If so, how in the hell did you do up the manifold --> turbo and dump --> exhaust bolts up with those 2 large AC pipes in the way?

Please tell me there is a easier way than pulling out the AC lines??

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Time to get creative with customising some spanners.
I cut down a open end spanner for inside back so it didn't hit the fire wall.
Also ground a mm or so off the end of a bent ring spanner to get a better bite on the rest of em.
I reckon the turbo flange should have a bit more machined out to fit spanners better..!
Just don't strip the engine side nuts... Other wise a world of hurt will follow!

·
Registered
124 Posts
How close are those ac pipes? The exhaust temps could be enough to cause them some issues I would think.
As for fitting as mentioned, make some custom tools, or buy some different profile spanners maybe. Have you spoken to United about what they do?

·
Registered
Nissan
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Simcoe, was too late to go down and pick up a 14mm spanner to butcher, and there is no way I was cutting up my Snap-on one!

After I posted, I crawled underneath and the dump flange is hard against one of the AC lines, so it looks like I will be pulling the lines out anyway.

It's a shame as I wanted to keep it as factory as I could.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts