Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I tried searching but couldn't find a definite answer, will factory 17x8.5 alloys with 285s fit on my leaf spring bum or do i need something different thanks for your time and wisdom cheers Ron:)

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Timmo,
there is lots of space between the tyre and spring, but there are two large steel plates attached to the backing plate of the drum brakes that may or may not rub on the rims thanks for you reply Ron

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,608 Posts
Leaf utes have drum brakes in the rear so there is some cause for concern! Will the 8.5inch rim still cover the brake drum? I've got 16x10 on mine and the tyre sits 30 odd mm of the chassis.

Haven't enquired myself though I'd be interested in your findings!

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,608 Posts
I can't see why not. How much clearance is there between the existing tyres and the shackles?
There is 3-400mm between the tyres and shackles. It's a non issue in this case. :D

·
Registered
nissan patrol
31 Posts
Ive got factory alloys on my leaf spring rear ute. Im running 275's and there is plenty of space and ive never had an issue in the 3 years that i have been running them.

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys sadly my factory 17"s with 285s on rub on my chassis under my pod with a 2" lift , out with the angle grinder I guess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts