Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had the misfortune of completely destroying a few tyres on my y62... the last one let go about 15 mins from home, so we got the spare of my mates GU, he's running 33s so the rolling diameter matched thankfully, i put it on and took a few pictures.
the brake caliper did scrape but i think it was only with wheel flex, it's only on a couple of small sections of the wheel, so i think grinding the caliper would fix that.
the standard wheel nuts don't work either, however the offset is quite aggressive and looks pretty cool i think, when i get a replacement wheel/tyre i'll try it on the front and see how it goes for clearance etc.
a few pictures.

Reactions: preacher

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
If it touches on the rear , isn't the front brake diameter a lot larger? Therefore no chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan Y62 2013
179 Posts
Yeah if it's touching on the rear calipers then no way will it fit on the front ones because they are much bigger... Worth a try though...

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i thought as much, the rears are twin caliper and the fronts would be 4 spots yeah?
i'll give it a go, only cost me ten minutes and a whole lot of sweat haha

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
What happened to the tyres that let go mate? Just out of interest..

Padded from my LG-D855 using Padatalk.

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one of them i left at the tyre shop after it couldn't be repaired, another is in the back of the car, three good ones i have left (two repaired) are on the car.
the repairable ones were just small rocks going through the tread, my spare did about 100km on it before the same happened, but for some reason it caused a big bubble too.
the one yesterday had a huge gash torn into the tread, all of them were tread damage, not sidewall...
i was running 26psi on dirt access roads.... All Terrain tyres my arrse...

·
Registered
nissan patrol st
103 Posts
Tyres

You have probably sorted out replacements, but one of the most long lasting rubber compounds are on the BFG tyres (Guess Michelin have the history of quality).
I am hot sure if you can get BF Goodriches in the size, (also at what price but they have been designed to handle sharp rocks more than most other ones), however I read somewhere that Toyo have released a tough off road tyre recently, maybe worth a look. cheers!:)

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a set of new steelies and 35x12.5r17 BFG km2's waiting for me down in perth :)
i did 50,000km on BFG AT's up here on my previous car, going up track at least once a week, never had a single puncture, performed incredibly well, my mate is currently on his second set of Mickey thomson MTZ's and he's having a great run with them as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts