Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, when adjusting boost using the actuator rod on a 18g UFI turbo. Does anybody know how many turns in for about 5pounds more boost ? I'm currently running 25# boost with my turbo smart boost controller wound all the way open & would like about 5 more pounds to play with.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it getting enough fuel?

If the wastegate is fully closed, boost tee wound right up and there is preload on the actuator rod already I don't think you'll see any change playing with the rod.
Yes it's got a Diesel central fully rebuilt DC6 12mm pump with turbo compensater valve, when it was dynoed it was running a little rich.

·
Registered
750 Posts
That sound s a little odd should be make a it more boost with the tee wide open. Have your tried adjusting the preload on the gate a turn or two yet? Any difference? Use half a hole on the actuator rod is perfect.
No boost leaks?

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sound s a little odd should be make a it more boost with the tee wide open. Have your tried adjusting the preload on the gate a turn or two yet? Any difference? Use half a hole on the actuator rod is perfect.
No boost leaks?
No boost leaks & I will try the half hole on the actuator rod & see what happens. Thanks.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any updates?
Nothing yet mate waiting for my short block to come back, needed new pistons & rings after the last rebuild 1,700K ago. They fitted the wrong size rings on the first one LOL. I adjusted to the half hole on the actuator rod & also ported the turbo manifold yesterday while I'm waiting.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What air box are you running...the factory box with mods is only good for mid twenties.
I'm running the patrol doctor one with a K&N pod filter, 4" in & 4" out but with a safari MK patrol snorkel. I know I should get a Fatz & 4" snorkel but am trying to get away with what I've got if I can LOL. I've had it on the dyno at 210hp at the wheels 25# boost & now that I have ported the Exhurst manifold & adjusted the preload on the actuator rod with the correct rings I should hopefully get my 30# boost.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
I'm running the patrol doctor one with a K&N pod filter, 4" in & 4" out but with a safari MK patrol snorkel. I know I should get a Fatz & 4" snorkel but am trying to get away with what I've got if I can LOL. I've had it on the dyno at 210hp at the wheels 25# boost & now that I have ported the Exhurst manifold & adjusted the preload on the actuator rod with the correct rings I should hopefully get my 30# boost.

I'd bet that's not helping mate. Try doing a run without the airbox and you'll be amazed at how much better it goes.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd bet that's not helping mate. Try doing a run without the airbox and you'll be amazed at how much better it goes.
We took the intake pipe off the airbox when it was on the dyno & it still wouldn't boost over 25# with the turbosmart boost tap fully open.

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
Where is the boost gauge plumbed into ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts