Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a weird vibration coming from underneath my swb mav, when im cruising mainly 60-100 just let off the pedal and slighty press back on, i get bad shudder from underneath but goes away under full acceleration... any ideas?

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Yes. Search all the info and answers you need have been posted up.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
get adjustable upper control arms for rear diff, you need to lower the pinion angle so its same as g/box angle or get gearbox xmember spacers to lower g/box to match diff angle, diff flange and g/box flange need to be at same angle, dont get longer lower arms as then your tyres will rub on rear guard at full flex

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Sounds more like flogged out uni joints rather than all that other stuff.

·
Registered
181 Posts
grease all your uni's and see if that changes problem'
also do you have a lift in the car?

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
It's your pinion angle being out to far. You need this corrected for it to go away. Usually done by either adjustable upper control arms, longer lowers( though I wouldn't recommend this IMO). Gearbox spacers or high pinion diff.

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its got 3" spring lift, Cheezy racing Heavy Duty rear control arms, Heavy Duty drag link.

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
Go with the adj arms, I had only 2" lift on my shorty and by the time I got all the longer bolts for the crossmember and made up ally spacers, I had to drop the box nearly an inch, it annoyed me to look at it and effectively took away my ramp over angle and got me snagged. The crossmember bolts are an uncommon thread so longer bolts cost a bit more than you;d think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts