Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Smurf

So i brought the patrol a couple months ago. Post got deleted in the server crash so reposting again.

Day One

And a little flex

Just pictures so far. Stock as a rock.

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got my roof console installed.

Just need to get my TX4400 and aerial.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed gme tx4400 an rfi town an country aerial today.

Gave the windscreen wipers a couple coats of matt black, as original had rubbed off an was blinding.

Replaced dash globes with blue LEDs. Just waiting till dark to see wether I like em or not.

Too many other mods to do. Exhaust, snorkel, lift and bigger shoes are on the list as long as my leg. Bloody expensive tho, might have to do my tax for the past couple years lol.

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Havent updated in a while now, just a couple things. Removed old faded tint an redid all windows except rear in 25%. Removed bottom bar on the bullbar. Painted flairs, grill, light surrounds an air vent black. Red on grey didnt look as nice. Put on some new 7" h3 spotties.

Things to come soon- (assuming the minister of finance approves)
33" bighorns with -23 15" sunnies
3" flexi lift with new dampener
Snorkel
Front air locker (possible)
Boost guage (already have controller)

Might seen if a mate can make me up some sliders (with ability to use as a step) with black grip tape. Probably some 50x50 sticking out about 120mm with a 20mm gap from seal, stock steps are pretty thin.

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went for a drive down to bunnings today to look for some garden edging. They have 100mmx4mmx10m for $50. Looks to be pretty strong, so shouldnt tear out. Also went down to the local seconds place (paramount browns) to look for some conveyer belt for mud guards, had heaps but have been sun effected an gone brown. They had 4mm sheets of rubber for $50 so might use that an cut to size. All in prep for bigger tyres.

Recieved my patrol4x4 stickers from bonesGU today, would of been awesome if i didnt stuff up the barn door one. Gonna need to order another one.

Added a couple flex shots from back in april, found a decent sized rock to flex my stock suspension.

Sorry about image size, couldnt work out how to resize them off my phone.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Started making cargo area boxes.

Will house a 6x9 speaker an 2 storage boxes each. Will be used for recovery gear a basic tools. Can still use dicky seats if needed an will probably make a set of draws that are quick fixed so i can remove em without effort. Maybe heavy spring loaded bolt style locks, will work something out.

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost finished storage boxes. Gotta redo a side, didnt realise the bow. Of course its bowing out, so gotta redo. Wanna get it all right an only attached to truck via seatbelt bolt.

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received tax cheque back. Will start to order goodies :)
3" flexi lift
33" federals
Snorkel
Boost gauge

Cant wait :)

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,092 Posts
nice looking bus mate. its coming together nicely!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered new tyres an rims. 33x12.5x15 federal mt and 15x8x-22 black sunnies.

Might need to put off lift till the missus gets her tax **** sorted, gotta move house an need the cash for bond. Hopfully she gets her **** sorted with ato an centerlink/child support so i can get my truck lifted asap.

New steering wheel is in order aswell, just looking at a standard 350mm saas ect.

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Just lids to go. Pretty happy with how they turned out. Now that ive got some 6x9s in the car the radio can go up a bit higher without distorting.

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brought a snorkel tonight. So should recieve shortly.

Gotta sort out an airbox as the GQ rd28 airbox has a front facing induction mouth that isnt rounded at all. Might try an get a GU airbox of some kind, dont wanna spend a fortune on it tho.
Anyone suggest one from another car that has ability to attach a snorkel to?

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn I would like a roof console in my troll :) Is that original in GQ?
Nah it isnt. Outback use to make them, no longer in production. Got it off a forum member. If i was to do it again i think a "T" shape would be better or just one that goes along the front. Replacement map lights are great tho, replaced globe with 5050 leda and they work great.

Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine is attached via mirror mount and centre light fixture, so as not to damage roof lining.

Rick

1 - 20 of 128 Posts