Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there

I`m having a problem with idle speed with my Nissan.

When idle is at 825 everything works perfectly, then suddenly it drops to 800 and the whole car starts to shake from engine vibration. It will then go up to 825 and the situation repeats. It doesn`t really matter if the engine is warm or cold. I recently replaced the battery and fixed the alternator ( because there was a battery light on the dash board ) but it didn`t help.

Any ideas whay may be causing such issue ? Where to start checking ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just checked MAF voltage and it seems to be OK. Also checked if I have any engine fault codes and diagnostic says 0505 which means no errors.

I made a movie showing what is the issue. You can hear when the engine works stable and when the vibration starts. I was turning on and off AC and this was causing engine to work bad or good but in normal idle condition this vibration can start and stop without AC being turned on. Also RPMs are changing from 800 ( bad engine work ) to 825 ( good engine work )

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My td42ti does this. After warming up and randomly at a set of lights waiting I could either have a smoother idle or one that the gear lever is shaking and I can feel it too. Very odd.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you try to fix it somehow ? One guy I was speaking with told me that this may be caused by a damaged injection pump. He told me that IP is very sensitive for voltage changes. When I bought the car there was a battery light on dash board. It was there until I fixed alternator. Maybe this caused some damage in IP and that`s why it is having some troubles though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey Steve, you don't have a chip connected by any chance?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I haven`t mounted any chip but maybe previous owner has. How can I check it ?
With these there are 2 options. One is ECU type which piggy-back onto the ECU which is above the tunnel under the dash. Motson and Steinbauer make these chips. The other type connects directly to the injector pump, with brands such as Speedbox. They are mounted in the engine bay and piggy back onto one of the (grey I think) connectors on the pump.
The problem you are having is the injector pump, but if you have a chip and its playing up, it will cause your symptoms too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
brianwood
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 is the best Nissan Patrol forum to discuss the SUV’s specs, parts, accessories, reviews, problems and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing