Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Am about to upgrade the exhaust on my 2003 ZD30 - can anyone advise whether a 2.5 or 3 inch exhaust is best. I've had quotes on both and there is not much difference in price. Both systems I have been quoted on run no catalytic and a reasonably straight-through centre muffler.

Thanks

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Hi all,

Am about to upgrade the exhaust on my 2003 ZD30 - can anyone advise whether a 2.5 or 3 inch exhaust is best. I've had quotes on both and there is not much difference in price. Both systems I have been quoted on run no catalytic and a reasonably straight-through centre muffler.

Thanks
You will get a lot of diferent opinions on which is better.

While I have the 3" taipan with the high flow cat, a 2.5" without a cat will be more than adequate.

The bigger exhaust allows for faster removal of exhaust gasses and if there is not much difference in the price, then go the 3" ......

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all for your feedback.

Tonka - about $650 for the 2.5inch and $880 for the 3inch. This is from a guy on the Sunshine Coast.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Spoke with Roo Systems today, there 3" Mandrel bend system starts at $1370 and stainless steel was $1700 or so. Quoted as 65-70% more flow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, that is installed at Muffler Men at Nambour.

Can anyone tell me whether they have experienced overboosting by increasing the exhaust? I have just read a document about the ZD30 which states that this is an issue when increasing the exhaust size or blocking the EGR valve. They said that you should install a boost gauge to determine whether you are having issues.

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
3,345 Posts
Yes, that is installed at Muffler Men at Nambour.

Can anyone tell me whether they have experienced overboosting by increasing the exhaust? I have just read a document about the ZD30 which states that this is an issue when increasing the exhaust size or blocking the EGR valve. They said that you should install a boost gauge to determine whether you are having issues.
There is a very good chance that it will overboost after fitting a free flowing exhaust and it will definitely overboost if you block the EGR as well. Fitting a boost gauge should be mandatory if you decide to do any mods to a ZD30Di

·
Registered
547 Posts
does that include the dump pipe in that price? if it does that is really cheap but if i were to do it all again i would get a stainless 3" from beaudesert instead of the 3'" mild so it will last longer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts