Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I have done a Crank seal, there is oil leaking from inside the timing cover down low.

Anyone who has had this done have any idea of what it cost them to have it fixed?

The job is well above my mechanical knowledge so its off to the mechanics before I have to move to queensland in a month.

I am in Newcastle if anyone knows a trustworthy mechanic in the area...

·
Registered
Nissan
1,676 Posts
Hi Goose, Had mine done about 2mths ago and it cost me about $700 or so. I had all seals on the front of the motor, tensioners, water pump, timing belt and all the external belts replaced aswell.
If your moving to Brisvegas I would reccomend Zillmere Mechanical if it can wait that long. mine leaked for 6mths before I had it fixed.
Cheers
Troy

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks like I have done a Crank seal, there is oil leaking from inside the timing cover down low.

Anyone who has had this done have any idea of what it cost them to have it fixed?

The job is well above my mechanical knowledge so its off to the mechanics before I have to move to queensland in a month.

I am in Newcastle if anyone knows a trustworthy mechanic in the area...
Hi Goose, just had my 2.8 done after getting same leak.
Lesson number one, after changing out cam belt couple of years ago, now need to remove again, to access the oil seal.
Took to different mechanics this time, and am told, "when changing out cam belt, NISSAN recommends changing out tensioner bearings and idler bearing as well as main crank oil seal and timing belt cover gaskets.
All drive belts were also changed out at the time, and none too soon either, as they looked good from the top, but ready to fail inside.
Apparently, the whole shebang comes in a kit from Nissan.
The cost of the job for me, here in W.A. set me back $900 all up,(compared to NSW costs, looks like it's a fair price for the job) BUT am totaly satisfied with the job. :punkrock:
So all you 2.8 owners out there, DON'T simply change out the timing belt when due, do the whole lot and save yourself some trouble further down the track

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
From a mechanic point of view and 2.8 owner I would highly recommend to change everything mentioned above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts