Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was driving along when I smelt burning oil, I had a chance to have a look today and coming from the top of the gear box there is 2 lines one has a hose attached and the other one has nothing. The one that has nothing attached seems to be spraying oil every where. When I first bought the truck I went under for a good look and it looked the same as it does now the only difference is there was no oil leaking from it so it didn't bother me. I can't see any hoses that have come off and are just hanging there.

Does anyone know what these are for and where are they meant to go.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Could be wrong but they maybe the gearbox and transfer case breather pipes - and one is venting and oil is going everywhere - might be overful??!

·
Registered
nissan
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought they were at first, but it just seems weird that it has only just started leaking in the last week. I have had the truck nearly 2 months now and its only just started doing it if the box is over full you would think it would have been doing it from the start. But then again I was going up a very steep hill when I could smell it.

Ill get back under the old girl tomorrow and have another look and see if I can find where the attached hose is going.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts