Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys decided to get the injectors in my trusty 2.8 checked and reconded as required.

Got No2 to No6 out no problem with a 27mm or 1" 1/16 deep socket

When I turned my attention to No1 with the lift sensor which has not got flat faces to get a spanner on, as it is toothed like a ring spanner
couldn't get a 27mm on it as its a 28mm I think and I've never seen a 28mm ring spanner
is there a special tool to get it out?????

Any ideas on how to get it out as I don't want to break it as its £400 in UK for a new one from Nissan.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
The diesel workshop that's going to service your injectors will have the tool for sure, and they usually lend it.
Make sure you get the correct copper washers for the fuel leak back line because if she leaks, you've got to pull all that junk off again.
There are different diameters between models so take one of your old washers as a sample.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Hey mate, I bought a cheap deep socket and cut out the slot the NLS with a grinder, cost $10 and 10 mins to modify.

·
Registered
Nissan
258 Posts
used a big spanner. came out in 30 seconds...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to order socket as no suppliers here have any 28mm in stock:(

As for place doing the service lending the tool, well they don't have one:rolleyes:

In the UK they are service centres not proper workshops they don't get their hands dirty taking them out the car:( and the workshops (garages) that take them out send them to the service centres for checking:angryfir:

Took the 5 in that I've already pulled out and will get the other one in when I get the socket.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the 5 back that were in for service passed with flying colours, pressure and spray pattern.

Whats annoying me now is the guy at the service centre never wrote down the engine etc, so how do they know what the pressure should be new or used, or do they get that off the injector part number????

Or am I just a suspicious git:rolleyes:

When I take the other one in I will be asking what the pressure is:rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/QUOTE]
There are numbers on the injector body that we use to identify them, from there we can get all the specs.

Andy
Cheers for that;)

How many miles/kms on the injectors?
Its done 120K Miles or 192K kms :)

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts