Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i'm trying to figure out if the turbo pictured below is to suit a GQ or GU 2.8, I can't find a certain answer on the net, has anyone her replaced their turbo/have access to part numbers? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Got a pic of the exhaust outlet?

Does that say Garret?

My bet is it's a GQ.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
nissan
147 Posts
tis off a gq 2.8, inlet to the compressor is the dead give away,
i also have a mint cond arb warn edition winch bar and am chasing a nice tube winch bar if thats of any interest

·
Registered
nissan patrol
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D thanks Jay, you just saved me buying a useless turbo, sounds like you have all the good stuff haha, ill be giving you a call once the rego and insurance is payed ;)

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
farkin bullcrap. talking out your ass sportsfan

Compressor jousing, its a GU one!!!!

GQs have a 4 bolt T25 turbine inlet. This ones got 3 which makes it a GU.

If you need a gasket set to fit that turbo to your truck I know where to find them cheap

·
Registered
nissan
147 Posts
compressor housing - front half - silver bit
gu's have a different one , also notice no studs in it? , and the fact theres outlet for the wastagate where as gu's the reference comes from the intercooler, and also the random lump nest to the wastegate outlet, and i know its a side view but you can tell its the triangle compressor inlet by how wide it looks.
ive rebuilt a bazillion gu 2.8 turbos ( 7 to be precise :p )
have a close look

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
compressor housing - front half - silver bit
Ah yehuh, GQs turbos have a 2" or so slip on pipe.

The GU 2.8 has a two bolt very wide flange style inlet.

The compressor and wastegate are aligned correctly for a GU, that is, for anyone who has actually looked in a 2.8 GU engine bay.

As i said above, the TURBINE is a 3 hole on GU and a 4 on the GQ as the GQ is a T25..... now granted I am half blind but the TURBINE (repeat TURBINE) side above has 1..... 2.....3 holes. The lower two are threaded and the top is smooth.

Seeing as I have 4 x GU GT1752s and am bolting a GQ manifold onto my GU so I can run a T25 flange turbo I may have done some more research than you obviously have on the back of a cereal packet.

Oh and the 14411-VB300 number says its a GU 2.8. Of which the turbos I own are 14411-VB300 (original production) and 14411-VB301 (later replacement productions)

I shudder to think what you have done to 2.8s if the above dribble is what you think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts