Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Bought a gu intake manifold today so that I can run an intercooler. I want to get a big front mounted one but was wondering does It affect the cooling of the motor. I was told by the fella whom I bought the thing off, that the max boost you'll get outa the standard turbos is 14 psi. Some to do with the rev range. Can anyone explain this to me. and also Has anyone got a link that will guide me through all the pros and cons of all the different different turbos for the 2.8td.

Thanks fellow 4bees.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi all,
Bought a gu intake manifold today so that I can run an intercooler. I want to get a big front mounted one but was wondering does It affect the cooling of the motor. I was told by the fella whom I bought the thing off, that the max boost you'll get outa the standard turbos is 14 psi. Some to do with the rev range. Can anyone explain this to me. and also Has anyone got a link that will guide me through all the pros and cons of all the different different turbos for the 2.8td.

Thanks fellow 4bees.
Well, my standard turbo makes more than 14lbs. I have added a blead on the wastegate so it doesn't open as soon but the turbo has more to give but the blowoff valve opens at about 15lbs so I have stopped around 12psi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts