Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got bored on the weekend and decided to slap in a body lift, lol - kit from Marks4wd.com

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Looks good. Im planning to do the same thing real soon but probable only 1-1.5inch lift.

Can i ask, did you keep the stock bush where the cab meets the chassis ? Do you think its worth while to change it at the same time as doing the lift ?

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just kept the stock bush, none were cracked just gone hard. If you have the bushes you may as well, but i wouldn't bother...

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Should do some before after pics too. so we can gauge the effectiveness.

So that is 2inch + 2inch now?

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to take a few pics before hand that's why there's a dodgy couple on the hoist. Right now its a 2" + 2" but it has Heavy Duty Lovell's coils all round which lift it a little higher and 20mm spacers in the rear.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
I forgot to take a few pics before hand that's why there's a dodgy couple on the hoist. Right now its a 2" + 2" but it has Heavy Duty Lovell's coils all round which lift it a little higher and 20mm spacers in the rear.
mind if i ask who installed it?
and how much?

did they do all other related issues with the lift?
ie, fan shroud, fuel filler, gear leaver?

i wanna do a 2" BL in the shorty.

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installed it all myself,the kit was $300 odd including a selector lock plate for the transfer case.

I had to drop the bottom off the shroud, cut the plate under the gear boot and slice a small amount off the floor and also had to bend the bracket for the clutch slave line. My GQ has had a dodgy Gas conversion done in the past so i also had to rehang the gas line and neaten a few bits up. The doesn't seem to be any issues with the fuel filler but i may have a few issues with the gas as the filler is mounted in the rear bar which still needs to be lifted. I haven't worried about the bull bar as im gonna order a new one later this week.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
If you have the $$$ (it will cost you between $300 and $400 for new bushes) and they haven't been done in the last 5 - 10 years, DO IT WHILST YOU ARE DOING THE BODY LIFT!!!!!!!!! You will be revisiting them in another 5 years time or sooner if you don't, and they are so easy to do if you have the bolts undone anyway.

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$$ is the concern really if they dont look perished and cracked why change them? plus it only takes an hour to rip all the blocks back out again...

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,695 Posts
What marin said, also fit new bolts as well, I ditched my original 10mm bolts and fitted 12mm high tensile ones instead....they fitted straight through the same holes etc.

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found them on EBay, but cannot sem to find them anywhere now, only bought them 3 months ago - i thought they were tail lights when i ordered them lol.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ SWB
110 Posts
I did a 1" bodylift in my shorty a few weeks back but also replaced all the body rubbers. Old body rubbers kind of looked ok, but when place next to the new ones there is a nice difference in height and suddenly they didn't look as good a nick as originally thought. With the 1" bodylift and new rubbers it raised my shorty by about 35-40mm. No other changes required like rad shroud etc, just bent the 4x4 shifter so I could lock it in low. REAL easy to do yourself, I am an office worker so for me to be on the end of some tools, doing something I had no idea about and getting it done really says something for the average bloke out there wanting to do the same thing. Heat on the back captive nuts is a must.

Truck looks good 2Lucid, I am liking the bighorns a lot, need some myself! And those spanky indicators!!

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks Branchy,

its such a simple modification i can see why so many people do it....

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,606 Posts
If you have the $$$ (it will cost you between $300 and $400 for new bushes) and they haven't been done in the last 5 - 10 years, DO IT WHILST YOU ARE DOING THE BODY LIFT!!!!!!!!! You will be revisiting them in another 5 years time or sooner if you don't, and they are so easy to do if you have the bolts undone anyway.

where would you get these mounts from, i need to do mine

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ SWB
110 Posts
PM Garry from NIZZBITS on this site or email [email protected]. He can sort out and with the best prices!

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ SWB
110 Posts
Just remember to use heat on the rear captive nuts and they will come out a breeze.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
what size r those bighorns, i was leaning towards MT's but damm those maxxis look sweet

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
33x12.5x15's on 15x10's. Thinking about 35's now ive gone the body lift though haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts